Chapter 41: The time ends now

. . . December 31st . . . 2370. . .

.  . . USS Unicorn.  . .

"Captain Carly!"

I was the acting captain of the USS  Unicorn.

Why?

"Yes?" I said.

"We are getting hailed by the Enterprise."  John Baker said, a Ensign at the taticle section of the ship.

"Establish hailing." I said as the ship rumbled shaking from side to side due to the blast  by The Khanology ship.

Khanology as in the descendants of Khan.

"Captain Picard of the USS Enterprise--" Picard stopped. "Carly?"

I could see Worf's dismayed expression.

Worf told me in secret that he participated in a reality where I was aboard a hospital ship under the exact same circumstance  except he was the captain of the Enterprise not the usual rank he had. Riker had a shocked look about his face. Deanna seemed to be concerned that was slowly turning into 'oh no'. He told me the attack occurred in 2376 not 2370.  He was just proven right that it was supposed to happen.

"Captain Picard, with all due respects," I said. "We have sent our wounded away. Get away far as you can."

"We can help you,Carly," Picard said. "What happened to Captain Foarn?"

"He was murdered by Captain Char," I said. "I am the remaining senior officer, alive, on this ship."

"We will be there in twenty minutes."  Picard said.

I smiled,hearing the cackle of electricity.

"Losing power, Captain!" Baker said.

"I won't let you go through what they will put you under," I said. "Goodbye.  . . Enterprise.  Bell out."

The screen turned black before Picard could protest.

"Austin, send the ship right into the Khanology!" I ordered. "Captain's log: accommodations for those who are recovered. The ones who bravely made sure not one patient was left behind on the battle hull. And my sincerest apologizes for the families to those who did not make it. We are  eliminating one of the one and single life threatening ships made by Khan's descendants. Let the record show we did it for the Enterprise."

I cleared my throat.

"End log." I said, then sent it to Star Fleet using the captain's chair.

"Ready, capt?" Austin asked. 

I looked up toward the screen facing the massive Khanology starship.

"Let's ram our nose into theirs," I said. I decided to do a Picard impression. I stood up then shared a last view of the bridge. "It has been an honor working with you to save lives where-eve we went. Now, in the honor of our fallen: lets make it so!"

The USS Unicorn rammed into the Khanology right as the phasers met with ours. The  gigantic half started breaking apart. The bridge was stricken through. We kept the ship rammed in against the USS Unicorn. If though we are a hospital starship we have the obligation to save lives not end them so we are saving lives in this way. The starship trembled violently due to the Khanology trying to wiggle out of the grip. Then the activity stopped. 

Then there were pods flying out of it.

I was the only conscious one alive in the bridge.

"Why you cheaters."  I said.

Then I saw the reason why they left.

There was a gigantic explosion coming my way.

My last thought before being vaporized was: here's the end.