Prayer

"Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer." Psalm 4:1

I don't know if you have realized that prayer is a powerful tool in life that God have given us. Prayer is basically the only way for us to communicate with God. You can pray for every and anything. Most people today don't utilize the power of prayer to its full potential. I mean I pray for everything and when I mean everything... I meant everything! God can do all things and that means he can help you with a small issue or even a big one. I pray for things as little as God helping me to wash dishes or cleaning around the house because his strengths are bigger than any human strength. If you in need of something pray! If you want to be healed of anything pray! You need a new job? pray! You need a new car? pray! You want to learn how to understand the bible? pray!

One summer ago me and my basketball team was headed away to play in a tournament and my parents had lack of funds for the plane ticket, hotel rooms and even my pocket money. I didn't worry about it and had no fear or disbelief. All I did was simply prayed. I asked God exactly what I wanted for all the expenses for me to go to be payed and also for me to acquire a spending money of more than $500 and I received it.

How do you pray?

Simply surround your self in a quiet place and close your eyes and start speaking to God, you don't have to be on your knees neither have your hand in a certain posture because he still hears you once you are in a quiet area where no distractions can come between you and him.

Why should I pray?

For God to help you with anything or give you anything you need. Once you ask him in his name for it there's only 3 things he can respond with: Yes, Later, No (I have something better in mind.) either way you still earning it. 

When will my prayers be answered?

In his timing. You need to stay in his timing because he knows which is perfect for you for he is our creator. I know you may hate to wait but pray to him to help him to give you the enough patience you need until you get what you have prayed for.

Why do I need to pray if he knows what I need?

Well because he has the power to give you what you need but not the authority. God cannot control your life until you give him the authority to control it. 

Is prayer really that simple?

Yes! in Mark 11:24 Jesus said himself "Whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." All you have to do is believe that he have done it and thank him in advance.

Prayer:
My Lord, teach me the power of prayer. Give me the wisdom, knowledge and understanding to use it effectively in my life for any and everything. Give me the faith to believe that whatever I prayed for I have received it. Also the patience to wait on your perfect timing, In Jesus' name. Amen.