Chapter 6

The teams start to make their way back to their assigned fields and wait for the second round matches to start. Shady squad's next opponents known as the Cross make their way to the now charred forest and scope out the area.
"Seems they aren't stupid." Ro comments. "What are their powers?" Alisa asks Jerome. "It seems that four of them are healers and the other one is unknown." "Sounds fun." Ro says. "Can we just start the match?" Rico asks. "I'm getting bored." Just as he finishes speaking the announcer calls them down to the field.

"Welcome to the second round of the Kings Elemental Tournament. To start us off we have Shady squad vs. the cross.
I'm sure we're all wondering what will get burned next. Hopefully it isn't me." The announcer chuckles to himself. "Now, are both teams ready?" Both captains nod as the announcer runs to a safer place to stand. "Good." He says raising his hand in the air. "Begin."
Before anyone could blink a blinding light flashes through the arena and when it clears Jerome is laying on the ground steaming with blackened skin. "Lightning." Bruce states. "That's his power huh?" Ro smiles as the lightning user does the same. "I hear that was your healer. It seems you're on your own now." He says as Alisa glares daggers at him. "You won't beat us."

The man cracks his finger and Rico freezes time. '10. It seems he cracks his finger to strike. Last time he did the same thing. Pushing Alisa out of the way he unfreezes time to see the lightning miss its intended target.
The lightning user raises an eyebrow as he watches Rico relay some kind of information to the others, "What did he just do? Healers attack and ill cover you with lightning from above." The healers nod and half bow to him before running towards their targets.

Ro steps forward and blocks the four healers with a black wall made with his magic as Alisa leap frogs off of his shoulders and lands in the middle of the healers. Rico watches the lightning man crack his fingers again and freezes time quickly. He switches Alisa with a healer and watches as the lightning roasts her within a split second.
"One down." Rico fist pumps as another healer appears behind him and forces him to freeze again. Rico takes a quick look around before slicing up the healer in front of him with his hidden knife. "That's two." He looks up to see the lightning user crack his fingers again followed by a flash of light. "Shit, no time left."

At the last second Rico sees Bruce appear above him in the path of the electricity. "I didn't know I could move this fast but... have fun without me." The lightning strikes through Bruce and continues its path to the ground right where Rico stands.
"Well that was a waste." The lightning man says with a smirk. "Only two left now maybe I should get serious now."
Ro leaves Alisa with the healers and steps toward him. "Bring it static man." "Call me Kyros." Kyros says. "You seem worthy enough."

Ro brings out his magic and forms 20 large arrows that surround him. "I saw this in an anime once. Dodge this." Kyros watches as the arrows shoot towards him at high speeds and he effortlessly dodges. "You didn't think all I could do was stand and shoot did you? Naturally I can move too." Ro smiles as he creates a spring at his feet with his magic. "How exciting that makes two of us." He says as he shoots himself into the air and jumps off of platforms made with his magic. "You wish to challenge a lightning user in the air? How foolish." Kyros laughs as he jumps into the air himself as electricity flows between his finger tips.

Alisa tries to watch the amazing aerial battle going on while she fights two healers at once. She's so distracted she can only manage to hold off the healers with below average attack. It's fairly obvious that they were used as a distraction while Kyros strikes from above but this plan turned out to be useless against a stronger team. Alisa dodges two hits simultaneously and the two healers narrowly avoid hitting each other as Alisa sweeps them to the ground and puts a hand on both of their faces. "One left."

Ro flies towards Kyros with his fist covered in a dark glove of magic preparing for the finish but Kyros sees it coming and shoots electricity from his hand and catches Ro in the chest.
Ro immediately spasms and falls from the sky as Alisa runs to catch him. Kyros lands a short distance away and watches obviously thinking his victory is all but assured.

Alisa's catch attempt doesn't go as well as she planned. He slams into her and crushes her ribs into the ground. She cries out in pain and rolls his limp body off of her before quickly checking his heart beat. She sighs with relief once she hears it faintly beating through his shirt and wipes away a stray tear that appeared. "Hey, I wasn't trying to kill him or anything." Kyros says from a few feet away as the arena's workers take Ro off the field. "Shut up." Alisa growls.

Kyros smiles and holds out his hand. "How about you just give up?" He proposes. "Your best member is gone now and you're by yourself. You may not be bad but you're no match against me." "No." Alisa breathes. "You hit Ro in the chest so that's where I'm going to hit you." Kyros puts his hand away. "I admire you're guts girl but I won't hold back" he says. "After all, we have to entertain the crowd after all." He gestures to the people watching that feel that his wave is their cue to cheer.

Alisa looks around at the cheering crowd before glaring at Kyros with her gaze full of focus. "I don't care about that. All I care about is getting to the capital city." Her body starts to light up with an aura of fire and she launches herself at him using fire under her feet to propel her. Kyros surrounds his body with electricity as he prepares for her attack. "Finally."

Alisa charges full speed towards Kyros who again sidesteps easily. "I have lightning you know. Of course I'm going to be fast. Now try harder." He says mockingly to Alisa who seems to be getting angrier by the second. "So this is a woman's anger. How fun." Alisa turns and points her hand at Kyros before sending off a huge pillar of fire towards him. He evades it by jumping into the air and shoots a bolt of lightning at her from the sky. Alisa dodges narrowly and charges at Kyros who is starting to fall back to the ground from his jump. She lets off three blasts of fire in quick succession and blows up the ground directly in front of her just as Kyros lands. "Oh the smoke trick." Kyros smiles and whirls around to meet the attack. "I've seen this before."I'm here." Alisa's voice sounds as she comes out of the smoke from behind Kyros and punches him as he turns around with a fist full of fire that explodes on impact.

Kyros emerges from the explosion as the smoke clears with a burn mark on his now bare chest and small burns on the rest of his upper body. "Good job girl. You hit right where you said you..." Alisa uppercuts his jaw shut knocking him a fifteen feet in the air before jumping up and grabbing him. "That was for Ro. This is for the win." She grabs his head as they fall to the ground. "Say goodbye to your body." Kyros just smiles beneath her hand and cracks his finger.

"You too."