Prologue

"I can't take it anymore!" I tell my best friend Jenifer, "It's always in books or movies that these cute things happen to the ugly and mildly weird girls, so here I am waiting for prince charming to come and sweep me off my feet, but no obviously nothing will happen to this ugly mildly weird girl."

Jenifer rolls her eyes and then begins to tell me what she always does when I bring up how unfair it is, "Camilla, as you said yourself it's in movies and books, people write it, it doesn't happen in real life. Anyway you are anything but ugly and you know it, you're just fishing for compliments that you know I will give you."

So she was right, people did write it but it still made me feel sad and alone, but she was wrong about me fishing for compliments, I really did think I was ugly. I open my mouth to say something to defend myself even though I know she's joking, "Hey! You know that's not true, between the two of us you are the pretty one. Anyway although I know that those things are made up I'm sure I'll have a bigger chance of it happening to me if I went to England. That's where I'll find the one." I say jokingly although I honestly think that there is more chance of me finding someone I like in England.

I was so over South Africa. I've lived here my whole life and although I've found some guys I kinda liked, there was always something wrong for example a big ego, treated girls badly and I know this is probably going to sound rude but they where not the most attractive guys I've seen before, in other words - they where ugly.

"Jenifer?" I ask excitedly, "What do you think about going on a holiday to England?" Jenifer looked up at me with a puzzled look on her face, as if I had gone mad or something.
"Umm, what, I uh," I could see she was at a loss for words at my sudden suggestion. It was pretty amusing seeing her face as she thought of what to say, I couldn't help but burst out laughing and she joined me.

* * *

After getting permission from my parents and Jen's parents we decided that we would go to England for 2 months. That would be a long enough holiday for me to see if I liked it there (I've always wanted to move there) and to see if I could maybe just maybe find someone I truly liked.

I was so excited! In three months me and my best friend would be going to England. We would be staying with my aunt some of the time to save some money, but we would obviously be away most of the time.