| chapter 6 |

We walk up to Deana's house, Enid rushing ahead and me rubbing my hands along my arms.

She walked up the steps and through the door, as I stopped at the frame, not entering. When she realized I wasn't behind her anymore, she sighs dramatically and pulled me in after her.

I was continued to be dragged in by her until we reached everybody talking. When they saw us, they erupted into "Hey guys," and "What's up."

Eventually, all attention was turned to us and just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, Enid said the most embarassing thing in the entire universe.

"Hey guys, guess what? I got Adeline to actually wear a dress!"

The entire room filled with laughter, and I saw Carl come in from the porch, seeing what the commotion was, and his eyes grew wide when he saw me. Then I did the only thing I thought necessary.

I facepalmed so hard I swear there was a mark.

Then Enid left me by myself and I just kinda leaned against the wall, when Carl came over, slowly.

"Woooow." he whispered, looking me up and down. I suddenly felt uncomfortable and insecure. "I take it back. You're not beautiful." My heart sank until he whispered "You're absolutley stunning." his voice incredulous.

"You don't look half bad yourself Mr. Grimes." I smirk playfully at him. He made a couple different poses, making us laugh, really hard. Then I heard Rick yell, "Carl come here." and wave at him to come over. When he saw me he made a "HI!" face and I waved back, laughing.

Now I was left by myself in the middle of the room, so I decided I'd had enough. I sneak around to the coat closet that was out of sight, and as I was about to open the door. something caught my eye. In one of the upstairs rooms, there was a guitar.

Before the world went to shit, I played guitar all the time and also sang. It was definitley my number one thing to do.

I ran up the stairs, checking for any followers, which were non-existent. I grab it and run out the front door and along the porch, which was unoccupied. I sat on a chair next to the door leading to the party room, and tuned the guitar.

I started to sing and play my favorite song from back then, Let it go by James Bay. The words rolled off my tongue and I smiled as I sang, loving the feeling of happiness it gave me. My fingers moved along the strings so easily it was like a second nature.

The sound of nobody talking made me stop suddenly, and I froze, realizing they were all watching me. I turn around to see a bunch of smiling faces looking back at me.

I facepalm for the second time that night.

Michonne smiles at me and says "You're a natural." Her comment is followed by a chorus of agreements by the rest of the group. Rick asks me to finish the song, so I do. It had been a while since I'd performed for people, and it felt so natural...so right. I felt like I belonged for once.

I finish the song and everyone begins to applaude and cheer. I smile sheepishly at the ground thank them. They then begin to disperse back into the house, since it was a little bit chilly.

The cool breeze whips my hair everywhere, so I pull it back, revealing my entire face and collarbone. I could feel Carl staring so I told him to take a picture cause it would last longer, which caused him to blush.

He came over so he was facing me and leaned on the railing behind him. We stared at eachother for a while before he whispers,

"You're so perfect."

"Oh, trust me freckles. I'm all flaws." I laugh, getting up and leaning the guitar up against the side of the house and then walking over to him.

"No, you're not. You're beautiful, talented, strong, kind, everything that could possibly think of, you have it." he says, getting lost in my eyes, and I getting lost in his.

I couldn't help myself any longer. I put my arms around his neck and kissed him. He responded by snaking his arms around my waist and squeezing tight. I let go of his face and put my right arm around his neck and my left hand cradled the bottom of his face.

He suddenly pulls back, staggering away from me panting. "Oh my God." he whispers.

"What?" I ask worried.

"I-I-I think," he starts, "I think I'm falling in love with you." he trails off at the end.

I just stare back at him for the longest time before sighing,

"Oh my god,"

and grabbing his face with one hand, squishing his cheeks together and kissing him hard.

"I think I'm falling in love with you too." I whisper into his lips.

That made him deepen it and it seemed like we were kissing forever, and I felt like everything would be okay for once in my life.

He squeezed my waist tighter and pushed forward, so I was leaning back a bit, but he was preventing me from falling.

"You wanna get back inside? Your dad probably wants you to take Judy." I say, pulling away.

He sighed and buried his face in my neck, saying he didn't want to let go of me.

"I know, but Judyyy." I say making a pouty face. He looked at me with an unamused face and said "fine, but only if you sing her lullabies when we get to our house."

"Deal," I smile, as we walk back into the mob of the group, but not before I grab my soare clothes I had hidden.