Start of something new?

~Dans PoV~

waking up in the morning with pure silence was very weird for me, with the sounds of farm life in the background and the room was completely dark. Last night was fun, messing around and eating pizza with Arin, till the poor soul got tired. Eventually he fell asleep on me as we were watching lord of the rings, of course I had to get him to sleep, but I didn't want him staying up just because I was over. I brought him to his room once the movie was over, and I guess I found myself in his bed with him this morning. His face was pressed against my chest and his arms bent almost like a sleeping cat against my stomach. His hair was long and covering his face, but I could still see the slight detail of his closed eyes and nose.

I sat there lying next to him for quite some time, knowing it was a Saturday morning, we didn't really need to leave the house and no one was home to rush us out the door. Eventually my stomach started to growl and very loudly at that, making Arin move and pull some of the blankets, facing a different way. Guess it's time to explore around the house and maybe find some breakfast.

I gently got myself up and left Arin's room, closing the door softly behind me, making my way to his kitchen to see if I could make some eggs and bacon. Opening the fridge I see the carton of eggs and a few strips of ham, "it's not exactly bacon, but it'll do" I say to myself and explore more to find a pan.
A few minutes pass and the eggs and ham were cooked and placed on 2 separate plates, looking nice and delicious. Of course I waited for Arin to wake up so I sat at the table and thought about the day I first started to like Arin.

It was a random morning at the end of the school year, in 8th grade, I had my hair really short and was one of those crazy kids who got all the ladies and didn't care much about what happened. I was walking down the hall when I heard murmuring of a new kid coming to the school, even though it was the end of the year, he was apparently very educated because he was young for being in 8th grade. I shrugged it off as if it was just a normal thing, heading to my last class and the teacher announced that the new kid would be in our class today. As soon as that was announced, a kid about my height, slightly husky with long brown hair and big brown eyes enters the room. My heart went to a complete stop and made my face go all hot. It was a new feeling, I never had these kinds of feelings with other people, and I could feel my heart going crazy to the point where I was afraid that people could hear it. Looking away, I knew that I had to get to know him better, but I didn't know how to get around to it.

But here I am now, in his house, making him breakfast and being able to be near him for as long as he lets me. Soon I hear footsteps behind me and a groggy looking Arin walking into the dining room not noticing my existence at first till he sat down. He looked down at his food then up at me "thanks for the food, I usually don't have breakfast like this unless my mom is home" he tells me as he picks up a fork. "you're welcome, just thought you might like it" I laughed slightly and also picked up my fork beginning to eat my food, but mostly watching Arin as he downs the whole plate and smiles, rubbing his stomach. All I could do was giggle and finish my breakfast, wondering what we could do today.

It was about 10mins, Arin was washing his dishes, when my phone started to ring. I looked down to see that Suzy was trying to call me, which of course I picked up to see what she was calling me for this early in the morning. "Hey Dan, was wondering if you wanted to go shopping today with me and holly, we could use your cute self to keep us company" she said to me as I roll my eyes "no I'm busy today" I respond slightly irritated, trying to enjoy my breakfast "what could you possibly be busy with? I just wanted to hang out with you" she then replied sounding a little mad. "If you must know, I'm with Arin today, I don't know exactly what we are going to do today but I don't think he wants to go shopping" I say, looking over at Arin who was obviously hiding his red face. "That kid? Why are you starting to hang out with that band of misfits? No one likes them and all they talk about is video games and old TV shows" Suzy said getting even more upset with the thought that I was ruining my social status "I could care less to be honest Suz" I say just about to hang up the phone when Arin turns to me "you can go, I won't care, I'll be here if you ever want to come back" he laughs a little but looked a little sad. I pause for a second thinking about my options when Suzy yelled in my ear "so what is it going to be?!" "I'll go but I'm bringing Arin with me" I say to her and hang up the phone.