Memory 8

It had been hours of reminiscing and they were still stuck at the very top if the Ferris wheel.

"I'm starting to remember. I really do. I remember that one time you bought me a candy bar that I loved so much and that it turns out I was allergic to it?"

Ian's eyes glimmered with hope, "Yes! Thank God you finally remember me!" He exclaimed, "But," Aira called.

"But what?"

"I still don't remember what you are in my life. Or why I wanted to forget you in the first place. Did we fought?" She asked, Ian shrugged, "Beats me. There's just this one day that you stopped talking to me. You avoided me. As if I was never a part of your life. And then, you forget all about me. Even to me, it doesn't make any sense, and it hurts. Knowing that a person so close to you. Just one day woke up and decided to never talk to you again. It hurts, Aira. It hurts." Ian spoke hurriedly, tears lurking at the corner of his eyes. Aira was taken aback at how fss things had escalated. At how fast Ian would cry.

"Ian. I'm sorry. If I remember the reason I would tell you. But if it would make you feel better, then I wish I never ignored you before. I enjoy every second I'm with you, Ian." She reassured him, Ian nodded, tears continuisly streaming down his cheeks.

She held his hand firmly, and gaze upon his dark orbs, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you why I ignored you before. Even though I don't remember the actual reason why? But I do remember how I felt. And I was completely devastated when I did. I'm sorry. For hurting you. I'm sorry. Ian, I'm sorry."

Ian nodded, sobbing uncontrollably, "It's okay. It's okay." He sobbed and Aira held him close. Comforting him. Whispering sweet nothing into his ears.

After a while, as the ride was finally back to life, Aira thought of a question that she was eager to ask, "Ian, what mistakes do you regret the most in your life?" She asked.

Ian glance at her, completely stunned by her question. Aira watched as his dark, black orbs began to water. His lips stretched into a sorrowful smile as his hand escaped her firm, warm grasp.

"That I never get to tell you that I love you. That I have always been inlove with you. While you still remembered me."

He spoke those words slowly, softly. It made Aira's heart painfully ache. Tears lurked at the corner of her eyes. His voice was filled with nothing but sadness. She couldn't imagine how devastated Ian had been.

She gaze at her hands, tears flowing endlessly, dozens, mostly thousands of images-memories flooded through her mind. Memories of Ian.

"Ian." She called, her vision beginning to blur. She knew she was going to pass out. But she needed to say this. Ian glance at her, tears in his eyes, Aira met his dark orbs.

"I remember you."