Rory & Him

- P R O L O G U E-

"Rory, I think we've gone far enough." Miranda panted besides me. I was also feeling breathless, but kept running. "Another mile." I insisted. I heard her groan as she picked her speed up to catch up. "But look at all the cute boys, R!" she complained.

I shot her a look. "I don't care Miranda." I told her. She scoffed. "Why not! They are fine, girl." Miranda said in a whiny tone. I finally gave it a rest, knowing she wouldn't stop. We paused our run and I bent down, putting my hands on my knees to relax.

We were at the beach, doing or normal three miles. We had only done two and a half before Miranda got side tracked. "We should go talk to them." she whispered to me. I looked in the direction of her eyes to see two shirtless guys throwing a frisbee.

"Your hilarious Miranda." I said dry, giving a fake laugh. Miranda was gorgeous. Long jet black hair that need around mid-back with soft natural waves. Her tan hispanic skin made her seem awfully exotic and to top it off she had insanely long legs giving her a five foot and eight inches height.

She was skinny and slim, not more than two ounces of fat on her bones. Then there was me, Fat Rory. I had the palest skin on the world and I lived in California. I was short with hairy legs from hardly ever shaving and I had too many freckles for my liking. My hair was a reddish brown color with green eyes.

Now add 267 pounds to that girl and you have me.

Well, old me. I fixed myself up and was now 120 pounds. Miranda left my side to go talk to the two guys. In her black sports bra and spandex shorts, Miranda could do anything. They practically drooled over her, trying to impress her with silly frisbee tricks.

I stood away, splashing my bare feet in the water. I still didn't feel comfortable showing so much skin. Instead, I wore dark blue Nike shorts and an old baggy shirt from art camp. I minded my own business, poking around in the ocean from shells.

Till something wicked me in the head.

"Shit, I am sorry." I heard someone cuss. Now my face was drenched with the salty water and a good mouthful of water. My head was already being to have a dull ache and I was freezing with my soaked clothes.

A hand grabbed my wrist and jerked me out of the water. "I am sorry man." I heard a deep voice apologize. One of the shirtless guy was holding my wrist as he steadied me. I pushed back my hair from my eyes. "No problem." I said in an annoyed voice.

"Whoah, you Rory Adams, right?" the other asked me. I looked up and stared at him. Dammit. "Uh," I mumbled. "You so are! When did you get hot?" the one guy holding my wrist said obnoxiously. I glared at him.

"Hey, asshole, back the hell up." I felt a smile gig at my lips at Miranda's snide comment. Guy number one let go of my wrist and took a step away. "Well jeez." the second guy said in a rude voice. Miranda grabbed my wrist now and pulled up away from the two morons.

"Bye Fat Rory!" one older from behind us.

Welcome to my life of the fat girl chronicles.