Chapter 1

- C H A P T E R  O N E-
Welcome back Fat Rory

High school.

Commonly known as hell on Earth. Here I was, Miranda standing next to me. "Ah, smell the fresh air of despair and crushed dreams." I said sarcastically. She snickered and elbowed my side. "Oh come on," she laughed out. 

We entered the open doors of the school, getting sucked into the crowd of high school students. There were cheerleader waving their pompoms excitedly and jumping about. The freshmen looked freaked out as hell and seniors like me were just trying to get by.

Once we made it through the crowd, I saw Miranda a few yards ahead. "Hey!" I called out, getting her attention. She was talking to some girl who looked new. I jogged over just as their conversation ended. "Just go down the hall, make a left and thats your first period class." Miranda explained.

The girl nodded, clearly a freshmen. She scampered off and it left me and Miranda alone. "What's your first period class again?" I ask her. Miranda turns and digs into one of the smaller pouches on her bag. "I've got Geometry with Ferris." she says.

I groan. "I have  World History in Harrison." she gives me a weak smile. "It's okay, just get it over with. We have lunch together, so it'll be okay." she encouraged me. I nodded, not really believing her. I would surely die with these jocks and cheerleaders all surrounding me. 

"I am going to go find my locker, alright?" Miranda confirms. I wave goodbye and watch her walk through the crowd. 

Miranda was popular; how could she not be? With her flawless beauty and sweet personality, everyone adored her. The crowd parted for her, lots of seniors and juniors waving and smiling at her happily. 

"Hi Miranda!"

"Miranda, good to see you again!" 

"Miranda!"

Everyone was shouting her name, trying to get her attention. I sighed and turned in the opposite direction to get to my locker. This hallway was mostly empty, not having many people in it. I ket looking for my locker number but couldn't find it. 

"Where the hell is one sixty-eight?" I mumbled to myself. 

Near the end of the hall, was a plain old blue locker with words spray painted across in in red. I squinted at it from afar. As I got closer, I saw that the vandalized locker was mine. Peachy.  I had no reaction to the hurtful words on my locker. 

Welcome back Fat Rory! 

Love, Katie

Of course Katie Scott would do this. She hated my guts. Last year, she had done so many cruel things to me. For example, stealing my regular clothes from my locker after gym class, leaving me to walk around in my sweaty clothes.

How kind.

Katie hated me and I hated her. It was as simple as that. I frowned and twisted in the combination I had already memorized by heart. "Is that Rory Adams?" I heard someone gasp. I felt my eyes tilt to the ceiling and I groaned internally. It was Katie.