Prologue

Prologue

#SchoolGrounds, 6:28AM

Me: *smiles widely, inhales deeply* Welcome to Hogwarts! …Yeah, I never sound like her. And now I’m talking to myse--.

Boyish-Girl-I-Don’t-Know-Who: [tapped me] Hey!

I turned to see who’s wrecking my moment.

Me: Hey… to you… too! [then I just smiled ‘cause I’m never good in socializing with strangers]

Boyish-Girl-I-Still-Don’t-Know-Who: [stares while chewing her gum] I’m R-Ra! You girl are weird! What’s your name?

My eyes narrowed. Did that girl whose name I now know [and it’s Ara, I think] just called me weird? See, I’m never good in socializing with strangers! How am I gonna survive from this Hogwarts-styled Wessmoore Academy? Ugh! Help?

Me: Nice to meet you, too! I’m Al Smith.

Ara: Really? Why Al?

Me: I’m sorry, what? [Seriously, I don’t understand her question.]

Ara: Oh, I’m sorry, I mean… Wha- Wh- Ho- *sighs*[taps a shoulder of mine] I’m so sorry for you, dear.

Now I get her! I guess I have to tell her my full name. And let her know how beautiful it is!

Me: [laughs a little] Yeah, it’s Aldena Mae Henry Smith.

Ara: [looks confused] I’m still sorry for you… Why did they give you a boy name?

Me: *eyes narrowed* It’s my middle name!

Ara: Owww…

Whew, people here are weird, that’s why so am I now (according to Ara). I missed L.A. I missed sweet California. I missed my home, sweet home!

Ara: By the way, I’m R-Ra.

Me: Yeah, you sai--.

Ara: As in Mama R dash Mama R Baby a. I bet a name of somebody else had been running in your mind.

She’s right! It’s R-Ra, not Ara. Why R-Ra?

R-Ra: It’s R-Ra as in Reinne RAmirez.

Me: What’s your middle name?

R-Ra: It’s been in London... having fun with it’s British boyfriendsss! Wanna know more?

Me: No, I’m good. *smiles slightly* Let me throw that one. [I reached for the now-crushed coke can in her hands.]

R-Ra: Thanks. I’m so sorry about that.

Me: Don’t worry. I understand you.

R-Ra: Your mom’s also a whore?

Me: NO! I mean, it’s not like that. It’s just--.

Eyeglassed-Cute-Boy-Whose-Name-I-Don’t-Know: Hey, R-Ra!

R-Ra: Hey! Uhmm. Al [she turned to me], this is Chad Michael J. Jensen [she points at the cute boy], and Chad [she turned to the cute boy], this is Aldena Mae Henry Smith. And I told you full names ‘cause Al and I had nickname issues earlier.

Me: And with middle names, too.

Eyeglassed-Cute-Boy-Whose-Name-I-Now-Know-But-I-Still-Wanna-Call-Him-Like-This: Nice to meet you, Al! I suppose Henry’s your middle name. [*smiles*--thus, showing his killer dimples]

Me: See? [I elbowed R-Ra, twice]

R-Ra: Yeah, haha, okay. No need to remind me that I emphasize better!

Wait, what? So now she’s the normal one. This school is getting on my nerves. Then, suddenly…

Chad-Look-Alike-But-Chad-Is-Cuter: Hey, Chad-Chad! What’s up, bro? [he turned to me] Oooh, new girl! Hey, I’m Lodj. Are you a new member of The Gang?

And that’s it! People around me got weirder. When Lodj said those last two words, Chad and R-Ra were like cursing him silently. And they had thought I did not see them doing it. Well, that’s ouch! It was like I have accidentally, innocently known something worse-er about them that I supposedly not. Ugh, I can’t wait to see my room!

My parents told me they will send me in the best (well, at least for them) boarding school in Minnesota that they’ve researched – Wessmoore Academy. Unfortunately, after standing here with these “new friends” for about five minutes, I’m still asking myself: Why Wessmoore? Why this school? Why should I be transferred from my Sweet Cali? I missed my home. Why is it that when it was my time to enjoy my start as a junior in Woodrush High School in L.A, my parents suddenly cornered me to have a talk about a ‘mission’, and said that I should move soon? And what’s about that ‘mission’? It’s not like I’m living in a dystopian society nor in a magical world to ‘solve’ an important ‘mission’. Ha! What am I – a heroine? Tss! Well, that’s just insane! Yet, I kinda like the idea of it. But still, it’s insane!

Anyway, shouldn’t I be happy ‘cause finally I have that chance to meet my long-lost love of mine? He moved in Minnesota a year ago, and I don’t even know his new school and how to contact him. How big of a chance I have!

Well, I can’t blame him if he already got a girlfriend by this time ‘cause he never knew me. Why? He was just the campus heartthrob of Woodrush High, and the unreachable classmate of mine. Those are why.

Wait, where was I? Ugh, yeah, back to this stinkin’ Hogwarts-styled school. I don’t know what’s so special about it but I guess it’s the super-duper, ultra-mega, gigantic clock displayed in the upper-front part of the building. Well, the rest of the school is for you to imagine. It’s no easy work to narrate, okay? 

And after all of those narrations, I thought that maybe good things do not happen in just five minutes. Let’s see.

===========================================

i would be honored if someone would vote or comment

and if somebody will, imma continue writing this story :)

thanks for reading, by the way!