Chapter 3 : Don't

End of Previous Chapter:

I stepped back and shut my eyes. "Damien. I swear. If you aren't out of this house by the count of three..."

I opened my eyes and he was gone. Alex standing there, astonished at what he just witnessed go down between us. His confusion twisted into a facial expression that left me at a loss for words.

"Sky. What was that abou-"

Before he could finish my body went limp. I fell to the floor with a loud thud that echoed through the hallway. I slid in and out of consciousness over and over again.

"Sky!"

"Stay with me."

"My sister passed out!"

That was the last I was able to register before slipping into a dark void of nothingness.

_________________________

            Chapter 3: Don't

_________________________

Darkness. Utter, complete darkness. Part of me wanted to stay in this wonderful realm of nothingness. Part of me wanted to stay where nothing is or could be. It's like I'm not connected to anything. I can't think, can't smell, can't hear. I'm just floating. Floating in a substantially unfortunate, yet peaceful darkness.

Slowly nothingness left me, and something returned. Feeling. I could feel the rough blanket that was laid beneath my hands which I now realize are laid flat, palms down. I let my sense of smell kick in. Cleanser. The smell of cleanser was repulsively overwhelming. Like someone had sprayed and sprayed just hoping that what they were using was strong enough to get rid of the disgusting reality of what could have been lurking there before.

My sense of hearing too, became unveiled. I could hear the faint sound of a machine beeping. Then, a sniffling from far away. Though this sound caught my attention pretty well I did not yet have the courage to open my eyes and witness whatever was going on around me.

An unfamiliar voice became existent.

"She is okay. She should gain consciousness at any second now. She had a severe panic attack which led to hyperventilation and eventually led to her passing out. Other than a couple bruises, and a small concussion she should be fine. Just make sure she takes it easy, drinks lots of water, and avoids as much stress as she can." The voice sounded sure and formal. A female voice, one that seemed fit to belong to an older woman.

"Thank you doctor."

Alex.

Doctor?

I could hear the sound of someone leaving the room, the doctor I assume.

A different set of footsteps walked in.

"She isn't going to want to see you. You might as well leave now before she wakes up."

Alex's voice sounded harsh. He had to be on edge. Why?

"Seriously man. If she doesn't hit you when she wakes up, then I will. Leave now." Alex warned again.

Why is he being so harsh?

I heard the creaking sound of someone being seated in the chair that sounded placed beside my bed. My hand was suddenly held by another pair of hands.