Chapter 1 : Flashbacks

"I hate him so much." I said in a whisper to myself. For some indescribable reason, seeing him with his girlfriend made me so annoyed. I just wanted to go over there and tell her the truth about what she was getting herself into.

After what he told me about her? After all the crap that he talked? How could he just treat her like she is his world, when he's just using her.

One of the cons of having been his best friend? Knowing everything about him.

Knowing what he does to get girls wrapped around his stupid fingers, and still having to watch while he rips their hearts out and treats them like dog shit.

Have I tried to warn them? Oh yes. Many girls that have fallen under his spell have been warned by none other than me, Skyla Pines, the girl who called him out at a Varsity football game, only to tell him how much of a douche he is. Many of the girls I warn return the friendly warning by saying things like, "You're just a clingy girl who's too in love with him to let anyone else be with him." Then later, of course, they learn their lesson the hard way and come crying to my shoulder about it. I end up just saying something like, "I tried to warn you, so shove off." and shrugging them off. I've never been one to stand the melodramatic girls who don't even try to listen to what they may not want to hear. Maybe I was the same way with him, but still. I would never truly admit that and I would sure as hell never whine about it to someone else.

I quickly glanced away as I noticed he caught me staring. It was too late. He smirked at me and bent down, kissing his girlfriend tender and slow, keeping his eyes locked with mine the whole time. I felt blood rush to my cheeks making them feel embarrassingly flushed.

I looked away from him and his act and just laughed and shook my head, trying to play it off like he didn't affect me at all. It seemed to work since he made the kiss deeper in an effort to get on my nerves. His blue eyes still locked with mine, I could feel this indescribable surge of anger course through me, alerting me of the urgent need to get out of there fast.

Noticing my eyes getting blurry with the tears that were about to inevitably appear, I simply smiled and walked away like I ruled the world until I got around the corner and hurried into the girls' bathroom.

I am not going to let anyone see me cry. Never have, and never will. Of course the only exception being Damien. Him. The guy that just made me cry. He used to be the guy that bought me a tub of Triple Chocolate Brownie ice-cream every time he had witnessed my emotional faucet leak. He always hated it when I cried. Even after I was okay, he would tell me that I needed more meltdown time. He used to be the sweetest friend a girl could ask for. I have NO clue what happened.

After I safely got into the bathroom without being noticed by any classmates, I checked to see if anyone was hiding in the stalls, pushing open every single stall to find them empty.
I went up to the mirror and looked at myself. Surprisingly I looked completely put together. Unlike how I felt.

Then it started.

The girl who was staring back at me in that mirror started breathing heavier. Then a small tear poked out from her eye, and gracefully fell away into a microscopic puddle on the floor. I heard the bathroom door start opening and panicked, frantically trying to wipe all evidence of tears away from my face.

"Well, look who fled into the ladies' room." Damien chuckled with a mocking tone. "A bit cliché don't ya' think," he paused his sentence purposefully, giving me a harsh glare with squinted eyes before he continued, "girly."

I felt my cheeks heat up even more, only this time, with extreme anger, the kind that anyone should be afraid of witnessing.

My mind quickly flashed to a time when that nickname was first brought up, when he and I first met, in sixth grade, five years ago.