Chapter 3

~ First Name Basis~

"What!?!" Carter and Logan said in unison, and I could imagine their shocked faces. I was shocked too. There was no way he was telling the truth, especially with the reaction from them I knew that this wasn't a normal thing.

However, he sounded as serious as a venom bite. So I test his intentions.

"Why would you want to bring me to your home?" I ask him.

He pauses to form his explanation, then he begins to speak.

"I have never met an elemental werewolf. " He starts - "and I'm curious to how strong your gift is. I just want you to show me in my training arena how strong you are." I contemplate his offer. There is NO way in the devils den am I stupid enough to follow a vampire into an experimental labratory.

Bolt. My instincts tell me.

So I listen.

Just as I'm about to head for the hills, he speaks out again.

"Also...If a werewolf is found without having any business here with me automatically faces exile, and if you think you won't get caught. Your wrong... I have guards at every possible entrance and exit of my kingdom. And though you have somehow gotten through, I can tell you - now that I know you're here. You will not get out. Why do you think this Forrest smells so much like dead werewolf." I turn to stare at him but unsubtly avoid his eyes. I knew he wasn't lying about the werewolf part, the smell hit me as soon as I was about 20 feet from the border line.

However I didn't know if he was telling the truth about me being able to get out of here. Not every werewolf was me....

However, As powerful as I am, I doubt I would be able to take on an army of vampires including these three, by myself..

"I give you my word that no harm, and I mean absolutely No harm will come to you."He assures.

I squint my eyes..

"and I'll be able to leave as soon as I've demonstrated my abilities to you?" I ask.

He nods. "Absolutely."

UGH. "Fine."

His eye's show disbelief and something that looks closed to relief.

"Ash, are you crazy!? The council men will have tear you apart if they find out you let a dog into the castle. Not to mention you're DAD! Also what happened to your hatred for mutts, did it just disappear or something." Logan said and I glare at his dog comment.

Maybe a little tension will make him be quiet I think as I make the roots squeeze tighter.

He gasps as the unnecessary breath is knocked out of him.

I smirk as he begins to gasp out rude swears that I'm sure his mother would not like too much. Something about what he said about Ash's hatred for my kind stuck pain into my heart. I shook it off, gosh I need to stop eating squirrels. They were tearing my inside's apart.

Yeah thats what it is.. my subconsious sarcastically said. I ignored it.

"Oh I'm sorry, Are the vines too tight?" I ask sarcastically while placing my han dover my heart in mock concern... He glares, but doesn't speak..