Chapter 4

I walked through the crowded hallway, every now and then disgruntling a passing middle- schoolers. I wouldn't blame them, I'm in a mood myself. I walked by my locker as Marvel skidded to a halt next to me.
I glared at his face; sweaty, and he breathed rapidly as if he had just ran a marathon.
"What is it?" I asked, strangling with my locker combination.
"Have.. You.. Heard?" He asked, leaning on the locker next to mine, catching his breath.
I rolled my eyes. From someone dropping an ice cream cone, to a girl with a new hairdo, everything was big news with Marvel.
"About what?" I asked, finally flinging open my locker, stuffing my unneeded books into it, and shoving crinkled papers from previous homework aside.
"What?! You didn't hear?!" He said, standing straight, regaining his breath.
I shook my head, as I shut my locker door.
He smiled,
"New Girl goes to our school."
I shrugged.
"So what?"
His jaw dropped,
"Dude. That means I have a chance with her!" He exclaimed loudly, bringing attention to us.
I gave a nervous smile to the nearby eavesdroppers and whispered quietly,
"Ok, ok! Calm down, maybe she'll be in our room."
He beamed and did some little jumps, "You think?!"
I sighed and put my hands on his shoulders,
"Yeah-well, maybe. Just, shhhhhh. Please?"
He nodded quickly and raced off to his home room. I face palmed myself as I thought,
Why me?
"-"
Sitting in class, I chewed the end of my pencil.
Just then-
BRING BRING BRIIIINNNGGG!!
I sighed in happiness, and frankly so did the rest of the students.
Our teacher, Mr. Friar (A/N heh.) had given us a test that we would normally get in 10th grade.
But, he said; "A good grade now, equals a good grade then."
Well, I say; "A person who sleeps in, should be able to sleep in."
Stuffing my textbook and crinkles notes into my arms, I walked out of class.
A pitiful Marvel slugged his way towards me.
"I guess I was wrong, maybe she doesn't go here.." He sighed as he leaned against the wall.
I laughed, "What made you think she went here?" I asked, opening my locker and stuffing in my books and grabbing a two crinkled dollar bills.
"Well, I saw her- well I think it was her, walking to school. I was being dropped off by my mom, and then I saw a girl walking down the sidewalk going the way of the school."
I scoffed, "Well we don't know if it was her for sure, huh?"
He shook his head, and as I shut my locker door- we walked to lunch.
"-"
Get ready for something exciting!
☔️rainy