Chapter 2- Taken

Chapter 2- Taken

Joe captured me when I was with my friend, Madison.

I remember the day like it was yesterday, because it was my last day of being free.

We were walking home from school, like we always did. Our parents knew where we were everyday, so it wasn't a big deal. 

So it was a day like all the rest, just relaxing, talking to Madison about who knows what, when we saw a cute black lab puppy ran past us, then stop dead in front of me. We were going "Awwww!" and "You're so cute!" for about a minute or two before we heard a guy yell from behind us. 

"Hey that's my dog! Can you grab him for me?!" he yelled, holding a leash in his hands, like the dog had escaped from it.

Not realizing where this was going, Madi and I grabbed the dog by its collar and ran it back to the guy.

Unfortunately, the guy happened to be Joe.

He grabbed us both by our necks, and shoved us into the car beside him, letting a guy in the backseat hold us both tight. 

His name was Matt. 

Matt had some part in all of this, but he was different than Joe. He was younger, smarter, and kinder. But that didn't stop me from hating him. 

Matt wasn't the only other man in the car. There was another, by the name of Rob. 

Rob I hated most of all.

After a little while...Matt couldn't handle us thrashing and kicking anymore...so he handed me over to Rob. As soon as he had me in his lap, his tight hands clasped around my waist and he pressed his hand against my mouth. 

Then he started to kiss my neck. At this point, I was screaming and kicking until I actually got free, until he grabbed me again. 

"ROB! Save it for later! We ain't even outta the street yet!" Joe yelled from the driver's seat.

Rob grunted and stopped. He whispered in my ear: "I'm gonna have fun with you aren't I?"

I wanted to throw up.

I wanted to jump out of that car.

I looked around the car one last time, before I couldn't bare to anymore. 

Matt was holding Madison tightly, only he looked like he didn't want anything to do with her. Joe was driving with a nervous look on his face. Rob was looking down at me like I was something to eat. Madison was as shocked as I was..and the only thing we could do was stare at each other..and think about the big mess we had gotten in to, and what our future held for us now.

                                       *                                                 *                                                    *

We drove for what seemed like hours. Everything looked familiar to me, the roads, the buildings, the street names.

It wasn't until we came to a deep forest that I was becoming unfamiliar of my surroundings.

As we entered a path to the forest, I caught a glimpse of the sign welcoming us:

                                                             Welcome to Trenchwood Forest

   Our beautiful forest provides an unforgettable nature experience of 2 miles of dense forest

                      If you ever get lost, just follow the arrows marking the way to the exit

          Remember: Only bikes and pedestrians are allowed on the trail to ensure safe travel

                                            Enjoy the wonders of nature at Trenchwood Forest!

Wow how ironic I thought. We'll have sooo much fun on this trip won't we? 

I was trying to make myself feel better, but it was absolutely impossible. 

As we drove through the woods, I could barely see anything. 

The forest was dark, and intensely dense. 

At the end of the forest, there was a secret path, that no one would've seen.

Well, except for Joe. 

He drove straight into the path, ending up at a small house.

Except it didn't look like a house...it was half concrete, and half wood.

It looked like a jail, mixed with a cottage.

Joe parked next to the "house", and Matt pulled me out of the car, leaving Rob with Madi. 

Matt threw me into the concrete side of the house, along with Madi. They rest of them just walked off into the normal side, leaving us by ourselves.

I ran to Madison and hugged her, tears streaming down my eyes. We stayed like this for a while. 

"Whatever happens," she started to say "I'll stay by you the entire time with all that I can." she said through her tears.

"Me too. Whatever happens." I said. 

But somehow, our promises weren't enough.