Chapter 31

McGonagall came over to us once we were in the Great Hall, "Potter, Wallwirt bring your dates and follow me. We are going to start the dancing now that you're here. I'm just going to grab Mr. Krum and Ms. Delacour. Meet us up at the front by the stage."

Harry, Neville, Jenna and I walked to the front of the Great Hall and stood by the stage waiting for McGonagall to come back with the other kids.

She came over with the other four and said, "We are going to start the music now, get into place and start dancing for this song then someone will make an announcement inviting everyone else to begin dancing too."

We nodded and got into place. When the music started we all starting to dance. Harry looked terrible and Jenna was working hard to make sure they didn't look stupid. Fleur had brought Roger Davies as her date and I was happy for the guy. Roger had obviously practiced his dancing hard but Fleur was a natural at dancing so he was still struggling. Hermione and Viktor worked together perfectly, dancing merrily around the room. Neville was a very good dancer and I trusted him enough to lead me well so we were hopefully dancing pretty well.

Much to my relief one of the Weird Sisters said, "And now we invite all of you out there to bring your dates onto the floor and dance!"

And the night was off. Neville and I danced for one more dance before sitting down with Ron and Harry and their dates. Hermione and Viktor were still dancing. I looked around the room again and finally spotted Blake. He looked extremely bored as Lydia made him twirl her and continue to dance.

Later in the night Neville left to hang out with some other friends. Harry and Ron still hadn't danced since the beginning and I could tell their dates were getting upset by this.

Jenna stood up and said, "It was nice of you to take me Harry, I had fun dancing in front of everyone but now I'm going to go find someone that wants to dance more than once."

Sydney stood up and muttered, "Me too," before scurrying after her best friend.

I sighed and said, "This night is a total bust."

Ron sighed in agreement. I followed to where he was looking. Hermione and Viktor were still dancing. He was holding her close and they were laughing together. I felt bad for Ron, he really liked Hermione. Harry was also staring at someone. I looked on as he watching Ginny and Dean. I knew they had been having some problems lately, but as I watched them dance together, they both looked perfectly content. I wondered if maybe Harry liked his best friend's little sister.

I myself found myself watching Blake. He was still dancing with Lydia and seemed to be enjoying himself a little more. I wondered if he had been lying to himself, and that he might really like Lydia. This made me both a bit sad and happy. I was happy that Blake had found someone he seemed to like but I barely knew Lydia. This entire year he had had a life that I knew no one from and almost nothing about, I was slowly being edged out of his life right now. I knew that when the time came for me to make it seem like I switched sides I could be with him again but for right now I wasn't sure how I was supposed to stay friends with him.

I was too busy looking at Blake sadly to notice anything was happening until Harry and Ron both stood up. I stood up next to them and looked at what they were watching.

Ginny and Dean were in a corner of the room and it looked like they were arguing. Although it was soft enough o not draw any attention both of them seemed obviously upset. Much like Harry and Ron I was watching on to make sure Dean didn't do anything to hurt Ginny. If he did, all three of us would take him out. But Dean didn't do anything he simply said one last thing and then walked away out of the Great Hall. Ginny ran out wiping tears from her eyes.