Chapter 3

Danielle's POV

After I see her I run into her arms. I jump up and hug her tightly. We both begin to cry. I've missed my best friend and I'm glad I got her back. I'm not letting go this time.
As we continue hugging and crying exchanging I love you's I begin to think. Wait, her and Carter needed time. Its been 4 years. Will she forgive him now? Oh my gosh. I hope they work everything out.
I lean back so I can see her face and she's still so beautiful. Her brownish, red hair showing off her light brown skin perfectly. She's wearing some high waisted shorts like mine with a "I woke up like this" crop top. She had her gladiator boots on and a black and white beanie pulling off the whole outfit. She was beautiful in every way. I've missed her so much. She's what made all of our tight friendships possible. We were so close when we were with each other and her but when she left we all kinda drifted. We didn't feel right about anything. We didn't have motivation. Even after 4 years. She was our reason for all the fun. She was our rock.

I hear someone clear their throat from behind and I turn around to Mahogany and Raegan standing there. Tears forming in there eyes. I moved aside and they ran to her. We all pulled into a group hug and stood there balling our eyes out for what felt like hours. I couldn't help it, neither of us could. We were best friends pulled away from each other. Sometimes we do feel like its Carters fault but really it isn't. He couldn't help what that girl did; he was drunk. We all make mistakes. I do too but that doesn't make me a failure. Nobody is perfect. If we all did something right and no problems then we wouldn't be human. We have to make mistakes, because we are all different.
After we let go and wipe our eyes sniffling we go back to where we were standing. We're all silent for a moment but the Carter speaks up. "Um... Natalia?" His voice cracks on the last part.