Chapter 3

"You go," Casper sighed. "I can stay here and clean up."

"No. You should go. It seems you more of a connection with her than me," Calcifer pointed out.

"Come on you guys. We haven't got all day. Both of you just stay, I'll be fine," I sighed as I lifted my head off the gurney. I looked around the inside of the ambulance, not knowing what it had looked like, and found many strange things.

I heard a sigh and then the ambulance shifted as one of the boys stepped up into the truck. The engine roared as the doors were closing and I laid my head back down. I was tired and the more I thought about my foot, the more it started to hurt. Then all of a sudden I couldn't breath. It was as if my heart had literally stopped pumping. I sat up gasping for air as the doctor guy turns around alarmed.

"Lay back down! Everything will be alright. Just lay down and whatever you do, do not close your eyes," the man warned.

If my heart was pumping it would probably be at a million miles per hour. But right now all I could think about were the soft, warm, large hands that were wrapped around my right hand. Then I passed out.

"Shit."

"Clear!" I looked down to see my body, laying there on the gurney. It was like I was floating and hovering over my own dead body. Then I realized that that was exactly what was happening. I was dead. I glanced over at the boy who was holding my hand. I could still feel the warmth as if I were still alive. I sighed as the doctors kept yelling, clear! and cursing under his breath every time I wouldn't wake up. My vision started to blur.

I couldn't exactly tell who it was until my vision cleared. What I saw didn't surprise me yet I still felt shocked. Casper sat there, unfazed by the the scene before him. Then he looked up. It was like he was looking right at me. I wondered if he could see me.

Then I tried to speak. "Can you see me?" But there was no voice to be heard.

Then he nodded and after that, was followed by a wink.

I was sent to that world. The world I so often had in my dreams. That unrealistic parallel universe I had made up in my head. I was literally standing on the ground. My real, own body. It was hard to explain but I knew that this time wasn't a dream. This was real.

So I decided to test that theory. I pinched my arm. Since when I dream about this place, I can't feel any pain what so ever. So if I were to feel it now that would mean this place is real, and I can die. Terrific. As if this day could get any better.

It hurt of course. Just like all those mangas and books I read. This place is real.

This place with fairies and goblins. Dragons and giants. This fairy tale wonderland. Large mushrooms grew 10 times the size of a normal human. Flowers had faces that would watch me as I walked by. I followed a path as my curiosity guided me on a leash.

I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. This world that I once thought fake had become a dream come true. I can feel things. I can feel the gravel under my bare feet. They had to take my shoes off to observe my foot. I could feel the sun warming up my hair as I continued to walk this path of mystery.

I was awestruck by all of the creatures, even though I had seen them before. Then before I knew it. I found myself in some place familiar. I was in a small village with crowds of smiling people. There were even some familiar faces. They called out my name. Or well, my dream name. And then I realized something. This place isn't far from my dream home. Everyone here has their own home that they created themselves to suit their liking.

To be honest, I was kind of like a goddess to them because in my dreams I had made this village. I had created everyone here. And yet they're real. Which makes me wonder if I even made these people. I still can't get over the fact that this dream wonderland was real. I was the one that gave these people life. I only made up this whole kingdom because I was lonely and had no friends. After I had found out that I could go to this place in my dreams, I slept at any chance I got. Sometimes in school too. And the more I slept, the more this place felt like home and the more time I visit there, the more this place becomes real.