The Reaping (part one)

(Dean's POV)

I stood in the doorway of my small brick house, waiting for my younger brother, Sam. I was wearing my best slacks and dress shirt, along with the nervous sweat that had begun dripping down my back and temple.
"Are you ready?" My mother asks me quietly.
I turn to face her and nod. "As ready as I can be."
She wraps me in a tight hug and I hug back. Soon, Sam comes out of the bedroom that we shared and walked over to where me and my mom stood. It was the first year his name was being entered and the last year mine was. I pulled away from my mom's arms and looked at my little brother, smiling softly at him.
"Hey, Sammy." I say.
"Dean." Sam replied quietly.
"You okay?" I ask.
Sam shrugs.
A siren rings throughout the district, signaling for us to go to the square for the Reaping. Sam looks up at me worriedly and I bend down to kiss his cheek.
"You'll be okay, I promise." I say to him.
My mom slowly walks out of the house, me and Sam following close behind. When we get to the square, we see peacekeepers lined up on the stage, along with two large glass bowls with the names of boy and girl names throughout our district. Up near the front, there was a sign in desk where they had to prick your finger and use the blood as a sort of stamp by your name. Once we had signed in, I hugged my mom and Sam before going to where I was told to stand.

Short and sorta crappy update but hey, at least I got it done finally.
Feel free to leave suggestions/corrections. Xx, Sarah