The Reaping (part two)

(Dean's point of view)

The Reaping (part 2)

"As usual, ladies first." The woman on the stage, Effie, said. She walked to a glass bowl on one side of the stage, her heels clicking on the wood. She reached into the bowl and pulled out a slip of paper before walking back to the microphone. "Katherine Birch."
A girl around the age of 17 with brown hair and pale skin slowly made her way to the stage. She stood beside Effie, visibly shaking.
"And now for the boys."
Once again, the sound of heels clicking across the stage was heard. Effie unraveled the slip of paper and cleared her throat.
"Castiel Novak."
I froze, my green eyes widening. I looked over at Cas, who was frozen as well. He started making his way to the stage and I came to my senses. I pushed my way through the crowd and grabbed Cas, hugging him tightly.
The peacekeepers tried to tear us away.
"I volunteer! I volunteer as tribute!" I shouted.
"Dean, no.. Please." Cas whispered.
"I have to." I said as calmly as I could.
Cas hugged me once more before the peacekeepers tore us apart and shoved me towards the stage.
I walked up the stairs, Effie taking me by the arm and leading me to the other tribute, Katherine. We shook hands.
"Let's hear it for this years tributes!"