Chapter 10- The Great Escape

COPYRIGHT 2013

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

CHAPTER 10- THE GREAT ESCAPE

'Cassy. It's time.' Riki's bell-like voice rang out in my head. The words I had been waiting for-  I had torn my nails to shreds, and pulled at my hair.

'Are you sure?' I whispered back telepathically.

'Yes. I am strong enough to fly both of us, and the egg nears hatching time... Can't you feel it?' 

'Yes, of course! I am his draguard!' I grinned like a mad women, since I knew that  I was the draguard to two dragons, I was unable to resist slipping it into our conversations, and my thoughts ran over it over and over again like a horse in a stampede. I thought about it even more than our escape plan.

'Now I wish that I had left you in the dark about it!' Riki joked. A sudden thought struck me like a lightening bolt...

'Does every dragon have a draguard?' I asked curiously, cocking my head to the side, it must have been strange for the CCTV cameras that monitored my every move.

'No, not all. Some have Dragon Riders, who don't have the telepathic connection we do. And also, a Rider wouldn't ever get the dragon's gifts. Draguard's have to have a connection with their dragon, that allows them to... you know, do what we do. But I am not saying Riders don't love their dragons any less then you love me and my brother.

'Then there are the Wilde dragons. They pretty much run around doing their own thing, rampaging and stuff. 

'But all dragons have the same thing in common.

'The Time of Choosing.' The dragon knew I was confused, because he wearily plunged into an explanation, 'The Time of Choosing, is when a dragons true natures are revealed. They turn to either the Light or the Dark.

'If a dragon turns to the Light, he or she feels an overwhelming feeling to protect his or hers homeland, or his family, humans or dragons alike. Like Muran of Coria- she protects Coria with her life.

'If a dragon turns to the Dark... He or she will try to ruin lives. They will burn down the forests, and crops, and they will eat herds and livestock. They will raid towns and they will kill the inhabitants.' Riki was quiet for a moment and he seemed to be remembering a memory of long ago, 'But, Darth and Darali created a balance. Light fought Dark.

'Light and Dark first came about by Garth, Darth's twin brother. Darth was the first born, and was then the first in line for the Skies, the Dragons Kigdom. The Skies must have a ruler, and that was Darth. This made Garth very angry. He always grew in strength, but could never match Darth.

'Then Darali came into the picture.

'She was young, beautiful, and a deep purple. Every dragon that knew of her, thought of her with love and awe. Garth tried to make Darali love him. But her heart was locked away for another dragon. Garth's heart was already ruled by anger, now an army of hate and jealously strode in too. He sought the dragon that had her love, and vowed to kill him.

'Darali was worried. She was frightened and scared. She didn't know whether she should fly left or right, up or down. But eventually, Garth found Darali with her love.... Darth.

'Garth's hurt welled up inside of him, and, armed with, anger, hate and jealousy, he struck Darth out of the way. He marched on toward Darali, smoke wafting from his nostrils, his claws clacking on the cold, hard ground, and his tail lashing from side to side. Darali backed away from him. Even though she was in grave danger, she refused to fight the dragon.