chapter three

we had finished painting the house, a lot of jake and i's expenses had gone into just painting this house. it was worth it though, the smile on the kids faces was so amazing, so beautiful.

"time for bathing, kids!" jake says, he would be a great father one day.

quickly lining up with one of us, i took the downstairs bathroom, and jake took the upstairs one. the other girls played together, while i took the first girl up.
"your names, emily right?" i questioned, the short, petite girl in front of me.

"yes! i'm emily, and i'm six years old." she replied, holding six fingers up.

"well, it's nice to meet you emily."

after getting herself in the shower, i helped lather some soap on her body. she was such a adorable little girl.

****

the children, had finally had a bath. after a very, very tiring two hours. now the next problem, food, or at least dinner. cooking was the only solution, for one main reason. we had absolutely no money left besides the little jake and i had from before. luckily, jake said for today he would cook. i told him i would cook tomorrow.

after a amazing dinner of spaghetti made by jake. the kids were put into that small room, to make it less crowded, jake and i decided to put a mattress we found downstairs and share it. i didn't get uncomfortable easily, but i hadn't shared a room
with a boy, around my age since I was twelve. or at least before the, horrible puberty. lying down next to jake wasn't as awkward, as i thought it would be.
it was nice to be near someone, the warmth of another human being next to me.
when your alone, for most of you life. you get used to it after awhile, the pain of no with you slowly goes away. that pain had vanished, along time ago for me.
now i felt less lonely being surrounded by so many people i almost feel like i have a family. turning around to look at jake i see him looking up at the ceiling.
"its nice to have you here ivy."

"i feel happy here."  

"good."

and then he turned to his side, his back facing me. so then i turned to my side, my back facing his.

a/n: new chapter, I'm sorry this was really late. I've been busy since school has started, and writing on my main account. :3

::

QUESTION OF THE CHAPTER: Do you like Emily? I think she is so adorable!