Chapter 8: Here I Come.

I could never like someone like you.

Like you...

You........

I nuzzled harder into my comforter and reveled in the softness of it before it was dampened by warm, wet tears.

I hadn't stopped crying, or left my room, for that matter. Pathetic, right?

I simply couldn't, though.

There was a deep pain in my chest, like a gaping hole of something missing that kept me barried under all of the blankets in my home. Oh, that's probably because Dan yanked my heart out and stomped on it and I feel cold, worthless.

My heart was still left throbbing on the school floor in pain, probably. The mental image left my head as soon as it entered and I sighed.

My stomach growled loudly, following the silence in my room with whale noises. I hadn't eaten in a few days, besides sneaking small morsels of snacks every now and then when I was pekkish.

Knuckles rapped against the cherry wood of my door and I frowned, the scowl reaching my eyes in all its raging glory.

I don't want to get up, because yes, I am lazy. Sue me.

My brother popped his head through my door moments later when I didn't open it and looked at me with saddened (dim eye color) eyes.

"Hey, gummy bear."

I almost grinned at the familiar nickname. Almost, as I say.

"Hey, Alley Cat."

We shared a small relieved smile as he walked over to my bed, flopping down on top of me unexpectedly. 

"Ow, Alex, you oaf, get off me!"

I squealed when he bounced up and down, making my legs ache because of his athletic weight. He was pretty built for his age. Our age.

"Alex, please. You're heavy."

He looked at me and grinned, raising bis eyebrows and wiggling them. I giggled.

"Not until you get up and go out for lunch with me. Bro to bro."

I loved my brother. Honestly. He always made me feel so much better when I was down. He always made me smile. Most if the time, I'll say.

"Fine," I groaned dramatically, holding out the 'i' until we burst into laughter.

Dan's laugh is really cu-

Never like you.

I suddenly felt my chest drop in that familiar my-cat-just-died-but-worse feeling I had gotten uses to and I slumped back against my pillow. Alex noticed. He always did.

"Hey, gummy bear, its ok, you're gonna be ok. You have me and mum for you, alright. Plus Jack, who's been worried sick as well as me! Everything is going to be just fine. We are here to make you happy, okay."

His words didn't bring as much calmness as I wanted, and I frowned in disappointment. He was supposed to make it go away, right? The pain.

His arms wrapped around me and the only thing I could think about were the feeling of Dan's arms around me instead of Alex's, and I felt bad.

I started to cry again for more than one reason, and just like that the cycle began again and I was sobbing into his Letterman jacket.

I pulled away moments later and rubbed my eyes, wiping tears that had rolled down and dribbled from my chin. Alex looked down at me and smiled that big brother, by two minutes, smile that made my own lips tug into a grin.

I can't let Dan affect me like this. And you know what? Since he says he doesn't like me, I'll make him like me.

I will make Dan Howell like me by the end of this year. Its a fact. And then when he asks me out, I'll break his heart like he broke mine.

It's a fair trade, Daniel. And I'm coming after you. So look out. Because here I come.

(I was dying to update so here it is! Hopefully it wasn't too bad for you to indulge, thanks. Lots of love to you guys!)