Chapter Two

We arrived at my Aunts house. It looked different. Well I guess, I havn't been there since I was 7 and Alex was 9.

"Katie! Lori!" My Aunt said hugging us.

"Hi." I said, being squished, but I didn't mind.

"Alex! They're here!" She called up the stairs.

"I'm almost ready!" He called back.

"Come in! Come in!" She said ushering us in.

"Mom?" Alex asked.

"In the kitchen." She called back. I loved my aunt. She was very pretty and she was soo nice. Every birthday they would send me a present. With letters and pictures of everyone. On both sides of the family, her's and Alex's dad's.

"Hey!" Alex said. He hugged me. "Wow, how are you as tall as me? You're 14!"

"I guess I grew." I smiled

"I guess you did!" He said.

"Haha." I said as his phone went off.

"Who's that?" My aunt asked.

"Austin; he said that the cookout starts in 20 minutes." He said. He texted back then slid it back into his pocket.

"Okay, do you two want to get ready?" She asked us.

"Sure." My mom said. Then I nodded.

"Okay, Katie you can use the bathroom on this floor, and Lori can use upstairs."

"Okay." I said. I actually still remember where things are.  I walked into the bathroom. I let my hair down from the hat I was wearing, my long 'Rihanna Red Hair', (As my mom calls it.), flowing past my shoulders. Eck, my natural hair, wavy, showed. I brought my bag onto the sink and pulled out my old straightener. Note to self; While in Texas, buy a new straightener.. I plugged it in and waited. The timer beeped as I finished picking out my outfit. A new Usher and Justin Bieber shirt.  It was a cute orange with Usher and Justin back-to-back, at the top it said 'I Just Need,' Then at the bottom it said, 'Somebody to love.' With sketched hearts around it. I created it on one of those T-Shirt creating websites. Then I wore Purple dark wash Skinny jeans, and gray Nikes.

I straightened my hair, it fell to the middle of my back. Two feet exactly. Yes, I mesure my hair. I'm shooting for Two and a half feet. Or till it gets to my waist. Like Caitlin Beadles.

"Hey, Katie? You almost ready?" Alex asked through the door.

"Yeah. Can I just leave my stuff in here till we get back?" I asked opening the door.

"Yeah. I'll get it when we get home." He said as I turned off my straightener.

"Kay, thanks, Alex." I smiled.

"No problem. You're my baby cousin. I have to do things for you." He laughed.

"Alex, I'm 2 years younger." I said with a bored expression.

He put his arm around my shoulders, "I know." He laughed.

We hopped in the car. We drove for like 10 minutes to a pavilion in a surrounded area.

"This is it, right Alex?"

"Yeah, there's Austin!" He pointed. Then hopped out hand they did that random handshake-to-hug thing guys always do. I never got it. Is it a handshake? Or a hug? Or a Hand-Hug?

I got out and closed the door. I looked around. Wow San Antonio is way different than Shelby. Shelby is where I live. It's a small town in Ohio. Everything is close together. We have a lot of schools, restaurants, and Stores..

"Katie?" Alex asked waving a hand in my face.

"Huh?" I asked snapping out of my daze.

"This is Austin. Austin this is my baby cousin, Katie."

"I'm two years younger than you!" I stated once again.

"Still." He said.

"Hi." Austin said shaking my hand.

"Hey." I smiled. He was pretty cute, his brown hair seemed to fall shortly before his eyes, his hazel eyes seemed to drag you in.. Wait! He's like two years older than me.

"How old are you?" He asked me.

"14." I said, "You?"

"15, I just turned 15, April 4th." He said.

"Cool, I just turned 14, Friday. May 2nd." I smiled.

"Well happy late birthday." He said.

"Thanks." I smiled and sat down. My mom and some woman, she looked my mom's age, were talking. I walked over to her.

"Hey, Katie." My mom smiled. I sat beside her.

"Hey." I rested my head on her shoulder.

"Having fun?"

"We just got here.." I stated knitting my eye brows.

"I know, but I saw you talking to Alex's friend." She said.

"Austin.." I said.

"Yeah, him."

"That's my son." Th lady my mom was talking to said.

"Katie, this is Michele." She said.

"Hi." I smiled. I was pretty shy.

"Hello, you are?"

"Katie." I said.

"Really, how old are you?" She asked.

"I just turned 14." I said.

"How cool. Austin just turned 15." She smiled.

"Cool." I smiled back. I don't really talk much, I was surprised I was even taking.

"Hey! Katie! Wanna play some basketball?" Alex asked, his hand on my shoulder.

"Uh, sure. You know I suck though."

"Haha, good, you can be on Austin's team." He laughed.

"Uhh, thanks." I said.

"Whoa. I just now noticed your hair." He said.

'Alex, your slow." I said.

_______________________________________________________________________