A New Friend and New life

It had been the longest week of my whole life. I barely left my room. TJ tried his best to get me outside. But nothing he tried worked. Every time I tried, all I could think about was how my life was going to change, and worrying about how the keepers would react when I arrived.

But now it was time to pack my bags and head to the dock. Both schools were on secret islands. For their protection. I mean who wouldn't attack a school full of helpless school children?

At the docks there were two very different ships. One ship was much smaller than the other. It was also less well kept. The other was three times the size of the other. I could see the huge number of windows and decks. The ship itself was the size of an island. It was pure white with shades of blue and brown. However, the other ship was covered with dirt and rust. It looked like nothing more than a huge fishing boat. Nothing like a curse ship.

It had only one deck and looked like it was about to fall to pieces.

"That doesn't look safe." I whispered.

"I guess it is...what it is. I don't think we could expect much more." He said shrugging. "Besides, I like it. It's not in your face. Oh I am rich. Look at what I have."

This made me feel a lot more nervous. I looked at the ship I was going on. I wasn't use to this sort of thing. I wouldn't fit in. I mean even my luggage was nothing to theirs. I could see others with four suitcases or more. All looked brand new. Most weren't even carrying it themselves. Meanwhile, I had one small well-worn suitcase. It was grey when it was new. Now it was a light brown. The handle was also broken so we had to carry it like a backpack.

"I...I can't do this." I whispered to TJ as I looked at my classmates.

Some of them were now using their powers to show off to their friends. One was juggling small balls of fire. Another was showing off to a girl using air to carry her bags for her.

"You can, and will. I believe in you Mania. I also believe that if destiny chose for you to go to Nogard. Then he must have a big plan for you. The first Norm accepted into a keeper school. You'll change history I know it."

I turned to look at him as he said that. I was about to say something to him when his ship horn began to go off. Warning everyone that it was nearly time to leave.

"Jebus!" He cried then patted my shoulder and grabbed his bag. "Sorry, Nia! I have to go! I'll send you a letter after I arrive okay?"

I was so shocked at his sudden departure. It was only after his ship started to leave that I snapped out of it. I fought the urge to cry. I was actually scared. I didn't know what was going to happen. Soon there was less and less people on the dock as parents began to say goodbye to their children. I looked and saw there were many different entrances. I looked until I found the one I was looking for. Entrance Eyre 1. There was a small line for the entrance as a guard checked them off the list. I stood behind a short blonde haired boy ahead of me. He looked like we were going to be killed off.

This made me calmer. At least I wasn't the only one scared to go to Nogard. After another few people began to board. He began to shake more.

"Um... are you okay?" I asked him.

His head snapped to mine as if I was a murderer sneaking up behind him. His bright blue eyes were wide.

"Yes, I am fine. Just a little nervous I guess."

"A little?" I asked looking at him.

"Okay, I am very nervous."

"I am to so don't worry."

"Really?" He asked.

"You look very confidant. I wouldn't think it was very hard for you."

"Really? Because at the moment I feel like I am one second away from becoming jelly."

He laughed then frowned. "That is very unusual baggage. Is that all the baggage you have?"

"Yes, I don't have much." I said trying to avoiding mentioning I am a Norm.

He smiled. "I am the same."

He showed me a bag, just a little bigger than mine. It was also newer then mine.

"I don't like carrying much. Because I won't use it." He smiled.

I liked this guy.

"I'm Mania." I said reaching my hand up.

"Fraco." He said shaking my hand.