Seventy Four

A Different Boy, A Different Time, Two Hearts Completely Intertwined.

It was the same kind of situation but a different time, a different place, and a different boy.

This time though, things were completely different. It was a year later, so that was to be expected. The other boy had walked out of my life and in his place, walked a new boy.

The situation was the same in the sense that this boy too would soon leave me for the armed forces.

We walked, hand in hand through the dead leaves until he stopped. I knew what he would say and I knew that I would cry because my throat had already started closing up.

He didn't know that I knew what he was going to say, but I did. "I've never had a problem leaving home," he started to say but I stopped him.

"This past year with you has been one of the best I've ever had. I'm so blessed to have you in my life and I'm so proud of you." I whispered as I tried to look away.

He took my face in his hands so I couldn't move. "As I was saying, I've never had a problem leaving home, but this time it's going to be different. You are my home and you have always been my home. I've never felt more at peace with anyone ever. You are the missing piece of the puzzle that is my life. You complete me in ways that I never thought possible. I can't live without you. I know that I'm going away now, but I can assure you that you will be the only thought that crosses my mind day and night. I love with you my mind and soul."

The tears started to fall from my eyes and he wiped them away with his thumb. "I will wait as long as you need me to." I promised.

And in that moment, I knew it was true. I had never loved a boy before like I loved this one.

Our hearts were made for each other, and no distance or amount of time could ever change that.