Chapter 6- Avengers, Assemble

- - -

Zoey's POV

"Zoey?" Fury asks on the other side of my door.

"Come in!" I call from my computer. I exits my browser on the internet and close my laptop.

"How may I help you?" I ask politely.

"The Avengers are arriving later today." He announces with a nod.

A smile starts to appear on my face as I think about meeting them all.

"Of course." I nod, "And why am I being notified of the situation?"

"Because you want to meet them." He replies.

"What, what ever do you mean?" I ask, stuttering slightly at the blunt answer.

"You do have a bit of an 'obsession' with superheroes, correct?" He asks.

"How did you know that?" I ask in disbelief.

"Do you remember the boxes you made me carry?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, God!" I groan, raising my hand to my forehead, "This is so embarrassing!"

"No one is aware of it except for Agent Coulson and myself." He assures me, "And frankly, no one would care. We all have something that we love."

"Alright. So, what about this afternoon?" I ask, perking up a bit.

"Well, the hellicarrier is on the water so they'll land outside." He explains, "I want you to go meet them all and give them a hand."

"So who will be there?" I ask.

"Dr Bruce banner, also known as the Hulk." He says.

"Really?" I ask. Interesting.

"But he's only here for the research looking for Loki." Fury adds.

I write his name on my hand and continue listening.

"There is also Agent Natasha Romanoff, she is a SHIELD agent when she wants to be." Fury says, shaking his head at the last part.

"Alright." I report, writing the names. "Does she know about agent Barton?" I ask.

"Yes. But we will inform her of the entire situation properly once she has arrived." He says seriously and I nod.

"There's Tony Stark, the billionaire. But he'll probably turn up later seeing as he was only informed about the issue last night." He says.

I put a star next to Tony's name.

"I've heard about him." I grin, "Anyone else?"

"Well, you have read of Thor, I presume?" He asks and I confirm it.

"Yes. I read his file." I tell him.

"He helps us when our world is threatened, but he is most likely not going to turn up." Fury explains, "We just have him down due to the help he has given us in the past."

"So, he's his own hero?" I ask.

"Yes." He replies, "He is a God, after all. We have no means of communication with his world."

"Alright." I nod enthusiastically, "So is that everyone?"

"Not quite." He says, "There is someone there, who I think you'd very much like to meet. But you may not recognise him at first."

"Okay?" I say, confused at his riddle.

Who is he even talking about?

"Good. Now, go have some breakfast." He says, patting my shoulder and leaving the room.