Chapter 8- What Are You Doing Here?

- - -

Zoey's POV

"This is amazing!" I yell into the silent room, not worrying about waking anyone up as the walls are sound proof.

I look at the broken and damaged robots on the floor and smile.

I'm proud of my strength.

I've been training so hard, I've gotten a lot stronger.

I start to rise, doing flips and tricks in the air until I hear some one clapping.

I look down to see Steve standing in the doorway.

"That looked amazing." He responds to my outburst. I smile and lower myself down to the ground a few feet away from him.

"Thanks," I say, coming closer to him. "I learnt from the best."

"You're welcome." He smirks.

I lean in and start moving towards his ear.

"Sorry, but I wasn't talking about you," I whisper, "I was talking about Bruce."

"Ouch," he groans, clutching his chest. "That was harsh."

"Aw, come on, Rogers," I hug him, "You're still my favourite, best or not."

"I should be." Steve says, then holds out his arm to me. I smile and link mine through.

"Breakfast?" He asks.

"Breakfast." I agree, before letting go and running down the hall.

- - -

Tony's POV

"Fury, I'm almost ready, stop pressuring me!" I yell into the phone.

"We need you, Stark, tonight. There is a new girl on the team." He tells me.

"Uh, and?" I sass.

"She can fly." He responds.

"Cool." I roll my eyes.

"She's Tom Redbird's daughter." He tries, finally getting a response out of me.

"Woah, really? She must be really powerful." I exclaim.

"Yes, but only you two can fly right now, so we are sending her over to you. Where ever the battle is, you take her with you."

"Fine." I roll my eyes.

Why do i have to be the one playing babysitter?

"Good. She'll be over within the hour." He tells me, before hanging up the phone.

- - -

Fury's POV

"Zoey?" I say, going into the kitchen were the current Avengers are.

"Yes?" She asks, as everyone looks at me.

"Ahem." I clear my throat. "You are going to be station at Stark Tower today." I tell her.

"Alright," She nods, "Why?"

"Because out of the current Avengers, you and Iron Man are the only ones that can fly." I explain.

"You will stay with Stark until you are called into battle, to which you will go together." I say and she smiles.

"Of course."she says simply, coming towards the doorway.

"I'm going to meet the ever-so-famous Tony Stark!" She laughs.

"Good Luck." Phil says and Zoey smiles at him.