Chapter five

You watched Tails get back to work, thoughts swirling through your mind.
D-did he really say that to me...??
Does he like me??
You blushed at your own thoughts.
As you watched him work, daydreaming.
About Tails.

"There." He said, leaning back against the wall behind us. You looked at it, scanning over it. You knew Tails was extremely smart, so you didn't have doubts about getting a good grade.
"Yeah, cool. I like it." You said casually, still looking at the scratch marks.
Tails handed you a black sharpie, "will you go over this in marker?"
You nodded and started outlining the chart.
For Science, you had to make a chart on poster board about different organisms and the species of animals and such.
You hummed quietly to yourself while you worked.
You kept daydreaming.
Wouldn't that be something... Him liking me and me liking him??
You laughed to yourself, almost silently so Tails couldn't hear.
Wait till Amy hears about this!

- - - _ _ _ - - -

You finished with the outlining, and Tails had finished making the other parts of the project. Now all you two had to do was glue everything together.
But you only had one glue bottle.
Tails and you decided you'd take turns using the bottle.

"I think the coyote should go here." You said, pointing at a spot on the poster board.
"Yeah. I think so, too." Tails responded, glueing down the picture of a coyote.
"And the tiger should go over here."
You nodded, getting ready to glue it down.
When he put the glue down, you picked it up. But he didn't remove his hand.
Your hand wrapped around his, both of you staring at your hands together.
"Ehh sorry." You said, immediately taking your hand off of his.
Tails' cheeks turned a bright red as he let go of the glue bottle. You picked it up quickly, glueing the picture of the tiger down.
You both were blushing insanely.
Did I seriously just do that??

-Tails' POV-

Wow.
I stared at Y/N, thinking about our hands. Together. I smiled a little to myself and helped her glue things down.
It's like our hands were meant to be interlocked.
I shook that thought away.
Just because we're working on a project together doesn't mean she likes me... She'd probably date someone cool, like Sonic or Knuckles. Or maybe even Shadow.

I looked out the window, realizing it had gotten late. It was still raining outside. I checked the clock in my room, which read 8:45 pm.
"Hey, Y/N, it's getting kinda late. We can finish this tomorrow after school."
She nodded.
"Yeah."
We both stood from the floor.
"Tails?"
I looked at her, but her eyes were focused on the floor.
"Yeah?"
"Will you walk me home?"

- - - _ _ _ - - -

Yay! I actually kinda liked this one hahah :D and yes. I know it was a little short ehh... I hope you liked it too! Sorry about the little cliff hanger heh :P Hopefully I can get the next chapter up soon... Since it's the weekend, it'll probably be up soon :) thanks for reading! :3