Chapter 24: Eternal Malady

Phil woke up far too early, his legs in desperate need of a stretch. He rolled over slightly so he could stand up. After his legs felt a bit better, he went to the bathroom and took out his contact which were hurting his eyes. He put his glasses on and slowly padded back to the lounge and sat on the couch next to Dan, playing with his hair.

"Babe, wanna move to the bedroom?"

"Why awake to early?" Dan groaned and instantly molded himself against Phil again, opening his eyes a little bit. ,

"I know it's early, but c'mon," Phil smiled, pulling Dan up and helping him to his feet. "You can go to sleep again, I just want to get you into bed,"

Phil led Dan to the bed and laid him back down. Dan didn't respond, he just did as he was told and got back into bed. He cuddled down and lazily reached an arm out to make sure Phil got in bed as well. Phil crawled over Dan and snuggled next to him, much more comfortable now that he was in bed and his contacts were out.

Dan lifted his hand and put it on Phil's face, basically asleep but trying not to be.

"Did you sleep with contacts?" he mumbled.

"I did, I forget they are in sometimes, I'm fine," Phil mumbled pulling his glasses off his face so he could snuggle his face into Dan without being blocked by the frames.

"Don't want you to be sore," Dan whispered sleepily

"Mmmm you're so cuddly,"

"No you're cuddly."

Dan smiled and let his arms wrap around Phil. He yawned and one of his hands started to play with Phil's hair as Phil caressed his back.

"Say I love you again," Phil requested softly.

Dan smiled, liking how Phil kept asking him to say it.

"Mm love you," He said sleepily.

Dan's eyes were closed but he was still playing with Phil's hair. It was so quiet outside that it felt like they were the only people awake in the world.

"I love you too," Phil replied.

It was cute in a strange way, Phil thought, that Dan was concerned about Phil's eye being sore when he was the one who was actually sore. Phil wondered how much discomfort Dan was actually in.

"I'm gonna sleep again," Phil said softly.

"Mhm," Dan mumbled, already slipping into sleep himself, his hand stilling in Phil's hair.

Phil closed his eyes as he snuggled closer to Dan so their bodies were touching, his arms loosely draped over Dan as his hand held onto his glasses.

A few hours later Dan woke up. They were still in the same position and when he moved a little he felt something cold against him. He reached behind himself and pulled Phil's glassed from his hand and smiled, putting them on Phil's face and kissing his forehead.

"Good morning," he said as he placed little kisses all over Phil's face to wake him up.

Phil whined softly as he was being woken up, but then smiled up at Dan, still not opening his eyes.

"Mm, morning. Can you wake me up every morning like this? This is nice," Phil said and moved his hands to Dan's face to guide him in for a kiss.

Dan giggled and lightly pressed his lips to Phil's.

"Sure, but it will start annoying you when the novelty wears off," he said quietly and kissed him again softly.

"I could never get used to this," Phil said opening his eyes slowly to see Dan hardly an inch from his face. "Hi," he said softly and let his hand wander into Dan's hair. "How'd you sleep?"