Part Two

Rhett pulled into the school parking lot and parked in his spot. He sat in his car for a moment before finally grabbing his backpack out of the back and entered the school.
Five hours later, Rhett was sitting at the lunch table, laughing with his friends as usual. One of Rhett's friends, Tanner, made a joke and the other friends roared with laughter but Rhett didn't respond.
"Rhett." Tanner said. "What are you staring at?"
Rhett blinked and looked at Tanner. He blushed. "Sorry what?"
The table of people laughed again.
Rhett's girlfriend, Ashlynn, raised a perfect eyebrow as she looked back to where his gaze had been.
"Rhett? What're you looking at the nerd table for?" She inquired and the other people laughed yet again.
Rhett blushed. "I'm not looking at the nerd table. Nerds are freaks." He said, pushing the food around on his plate. Lunch ended as the bell dinged. Rhett stood and smiled at Ashlynn when she walked over and took his hand.
"Rhett. Seriously though." She said softly as they walked through the halls. "I don't even know what to say." Ashlynn sighed.
Rhett rolled his eyes. "Ash, what could those freaks be doing that would be more important or interesting than you?" He said defensively. "Gosh. You're acting so strange." Rhett shook his head and walked into his next class, surprised at how annoyed he was with Ashlynn.
Ashlynn stared after Rhett for a moment before flouncing away to her next class.