2

George Lacker was carefully studying his psuedo-scientific books, when his cell phone began to ring annoyingly. He dug out the phone and accepted the call.
"Hello?" he asked. There was a faint reply that he could barely hear. It sounded like there was a lot of noise on the other person's end. They also seemed distracted.
''Hi. Is this Dr. Lacker? There's something you need to see. Come down to the coast immediatly."
"Why? What's going on?"
''....No time...explain on...way....come now...." the line began to cut out and the other person hung up.
''That was weird," he muttered to himself. "Well, I better go down and see what all this is about." He went around his small appartment, gathering clothes and books. He packed it all into a small suitcase and caught the bus to the airport.

Three flights and 12 hours later, George stepped off the final plane and took a taxi to the beach. He got out and shuffled to the beach as fast as possible. The early morning light showcased the huge set up of tables and tents and all sorts of equipment. But what truly caught his eye were the gigantic structures rising up out of the water.
Someone stooped over a computer turned around at his presence and moaned. It was his mortal enemy, Dan Shaveck. The belief ruiner.
"Who invited him here?'' the nasaly voice of the seismologist rung out across the beach.
Another man came up behind him and replied, "I did." It was Andy Shaveck, Dan's brother. He was a good friend of George, and was an archeaologist that openly supported George's 'crazy pseudo-scientific theories'.
"I thought his expertise might help us figure out what this thing is," Andy said, pointing to the stuctures. "Any ideas?"
''Yeah, actually."
''What? Is it 'Atlantis'?" Dan said mockingly.
''Precisely." George replied, ignoring Dan's condesending tone.
"You think so?" Andy asked curiously.
''Mhmm." George dug out a translated copy of Plato's Critias and fipped it open to the middle. In less than five minutes, he had explained everyhting about Atlantis.
''But did you know, Plato never finished Critias? Many Atlantophiles like myself believe that he meant to write about Atlantis resurfacing one day. And I think that day is today."
''Interesting. Let's get you a tent set up and have you start writing down everything you know and believe about Atlantis. After that, you'll be one of the first people to go out and attempt contact."
''That sounds awesome. Let's do this." George felt pumped.
As they went and did their thing, Dan ran off in a huff to buy something to eat. He could only hope that some Atlantians would kill George and he would be able to retake charge. He could only hope.