19

Andy and Dan stood in the room where George had run off only days before. Andy was still amazed by the structure, while Dan attempted to process the whole idea. He stared in complete wonder and astonishment at the ceiling and floors. He had never seen anything like them, and they seemed to be alive.

      "Those walls are biotech, Dan. They are so advanced they can interpret thoughts and actions. Plus, they're alive," Andy explained to Dan, empathizing with him, having also gone through the same shock.

     "Where's the Atlantean?" Dan questioned warily.

      "I don't know, but I have an idea."  Andy shut his eyes and tried to do something similar to him opening the door. Instead of willing something to occur, he willed for the entity they had previously contacted to return.

      For a few moments, nothing happened. Andy hung his head in despair, his plan having failed. It seemed all hopes of rescuing George had disappeared. But then, redemption. The floor seemed to vibrate and hum as a glowing circle brightened in the floor.

     The biotech elevator Andy remembered from the first visit grew from the floor. And out of it stepped the Atlantean. Dan nearly fainted at the sight of the being. It both amazed and frightened him to see the creature. But as the Atlantean stepped forward, Andy sensed someone or something else in the elevator.

     A mysterious figure entered the large room and dispatched the elevator. At first, Andy couldn't identify this entity, but knew it was human. But as he got a closer look, he recognized the sandy brown hair and shocking blue eyes of George.

     "George!" Andy exclaimed, more happy than he had ever been. He was ecstatic to see his friend alive and well, for the most part. Like a little child, he rushed over and embraced George. George returned the hug, happy to finally see another human face, especially with that human being his best friend.

   "You're alive!" Andy sighed, relieved to see George.

   "Yup." George replied. "And better than ever."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------