CHAPTER 4: Still Him

His Cheekiness is in Full Bloom

Chapter 4:
Still Him

It's alright. I'm extremely calm, composed, even.

'I've fallen for you...'

That incident with that obnoxious brat was more like a head-on car collision, definitely not a kiss or anything like that...
Besides, I don't have the time to think about such stupidity.

The coach is coming to practice today, so I have to set the chairs first. During the warm-up laps, I'll wash the towels and figure out a new drill schedule. The new captain has been chosen, so from today on, I have to refocus all my energy into the club.

Huh, I have so many things to think about so I just have to forget about that.

While walking in the hallway, a girl accidentally bumped me and what a surprise, they're with him -.-

"Oh, sorry! I didn't mean to..." apologized the girl who bumped me.

"Yuki-senpai, you're looking pretty grim this morning." he uttered. This guy... Teasing me again.

"Yuki-senpai? Ah! It's her! She's the one who flipped out at the game!" exclaimed the other girl who is with him while pointing at me.

Ugh, forget about that already. I just passed by them and walked briskly.

Act normal. Act normal. Everything's fine. It's nothing to be concerned about. That kind of confession was definitely a joke and that's all.

~Flashback (What happened after the kiss)

"I've fallen for you."

"What? No, before that, apologize to me for what you did just then."

"It's nothing. I didn't use my tongue or anything." He blurted while putting his hands in his pants' pockets.

"What is wrong with you? As if I would've let you! There's a limit to how far pranks can go!" I said with great disbelief in him.

"Prank?" He muttered then suddenly, two girls opened the door.

"NAARUUSE! We saw the game! Is your foot alright?"

"Quickly! Go to the hospital!"

They dragged him outside while I was left all alone and I can still hear their conversations outside. I wiped my lips while what happened lately was still processing in my mind.

~End of Flashback x)

There is, undoubtedly, no way that he's serious. Naruse's just fooling around with me.

That evening, we went to the court for practice and also for introducing the new captain.

"Huddle up!" yelled the captain and the players gathered around him. I was beside him.

"I think everyone has properly rested after the competition. Due to the third years retiring, we have lost a significant amount of strength on the team. However, starting from today, we'll regain that strength through a good amount of practice."

The players were all seriously looking at him while I was checking their attendance.

"I'm sorry for being late in saying this, but I'm the new captain, Tonomura." He added and everyone clapped for him.

"Manager Yuki, do you want to add anything?" he faced me.

"Nothing really. It's just like what you said. Everyone, do your best." I stated while facing at the players in front of us.

Hah, new captain. He really did retired from the basketball club...

Geez.. Stop it, stop it! I was supposed to have gotten over him after the last game. Right now, the third years have already retired from basketball. I have to focus on everyone else, so I can't be playing around with that brat either.

After that, I went to do the laundry outside near the court while checking more of the papers then Naruse came along. He laid his head with his hand on the washing machine and looked my way but I ignored him and continued looking at the papers.

"Senpai, do you still like the captain?" He blurted. Here we go again... I looked at him.

"Hurry up and go back to practice, Naruse. Until your ankle heals, you're the ball boy, aren't you?" I said ignoring his question.

"Don't wanna. I'm bored."

"Are you in kindergarten?" I rolled my eyes and looked back at the papers.

"Anyway, are you figuring out a new practice plan while doing the laundry? You sure do a lot. Captain Kido's not even here anymore."

"The third years are gone, so what of it? This is my work after all. The fact that the basketball team's very important to me hasn't changed." I answered without looking at him and also, this is where my memories of Kido-senpai are...

That moment went silent then suddenly...

~Chu..

Uwaaaa! Not again! He suddenly kissed me and this time, on the cheek! I let my guard down!

"Look, Naruse! You need to cut this out right now! I swear I will make practice drills hell for you!" I angrily told him and moved away from him.

"That's because you haven't been thinking about me at all. I even said that I've fallen for you."

Grrrrr...!

"Listen you... If you were really serious about me, you wouldn't be able to touch me so easily! If you really liked me, your heart would race relentlessly while aching at the same time! But you... You're so indifferent!" I yelled at him. I really can't believe this guy.

"And, I don't recall ever being liked by you or being buddies with you. You're just messing around with me, aren't you?!" I added while catching my breath. His really giving me a high blood.

"So, Yuki-senpai... What you're saying is that your heart 'ached' when you were with the captain?"

"So what!?"

Huh? Damn it. I got carried away and ended up blabbing! Be calm. Be calm.

"How annoying." He uttered and walked away.

HUUUH??

*Ding dong*

"Yuki! Are you really going to drink all that milk?" One of my friend asked. Its our break time.

"I want to ingest calcium." I said and stabbed the straw in to the box of milk.

"You're going to end up with an upset stomach with that."

Gosh, this is the first time in forever I've been so irritated about something. 'How annoying'?! 'Annoying'?! What's 'Annoying'?! Just who does he thinks his talking to?! You illiterate, inarticulate brat!

While I was murdering that guy in my mind, I heard a group of boys laughing outside. We were just beside the window so I peeped and saw Kido-senpai with his companions. Upon seeing him, I felt that my stress level went low.

Kido-senpai...

'Senpai, do you still like the captain?'

*Badump badump*

I do...