Chapter Forty-Four

Far into the mountains, a scream echoed through the hidden house yet again before a heavy silence filled the air. Finally, a soft cry broke the tension as a tiny pair of lungs called out in mild distress at all the sudden changes in it's world. The warmth that once wrapped so gently around him was gone, along with the soothing rhythm of his mother's heart beating nearby.

Carrying the tiny infant to the prepared area nearby, the man gently cleaned the blood off and wrapped the newly birthed life in warm blankets. The proud father soon placed the baby boy in the mother's arms before he returned to his work.

After the last of the mess was cleaned up and the final stitch was made, he returned to the bedside and placed a kiss on the tired woman's forehead. Gazing down at the two people who mattered most in his life, he felt a new happiness filling his heart. Finally after all this time, after all this waiting, he had the family he had craved.

"Hello Lucas, welcome to the family." The man smiled down at the baby that was looking up at him with bright eyes, one tiny hand wrapping around his forefinger.

I hope you all enjoyed this book. This is the last chapter for My Precious Shina, but this is not the end of the series! I am going to take a small break and will be back with book Three for the Shina series after taking some time to gather up my ideas and make a general outline for it. I will post a note when the book and first chapter is published, so keep your eyes open for one last update to this book, since it with be the note telling you what the next book is titled and that it is out. Thank you again for reading this book!