Chapter One: The Move

New York, May 8th, 2013.

Sweat trickled down my forehead as I walked out of my "old" house, carrying more boxes outside into the moving truck. We were moving from the house I stayed in for 16 years. 16 years seemed a lot shorter but it wasnt. Ever since Mom died its been a struggle for Dad to even walk through the front door with out shedding a tear. Its really hard to see him the way he is. Mom died in a car accident last month. She died instantly from blood loss, the glass shards cut her up badly. Ever since then Dad and I take life for granted. But its going to be hard leaving this house. Were moving to Ohio.. I walked back into the house, picked up another box and hurried back to the moving truck. I stopped for a second and just stared at my old house.

I remembered being there, in that same spot when we repainted the house. I reemember Moms arms hugging me, right there. I was startled and jumped when my Dad jumped in out of no where.

"Shit! You scared me!", I said, trying to catch my breath.

Dad laughed, "Sorry! Didnt mean to."

We paused for a minute. It was kind of awkward.

I looked at the ground. "Dad..Im gonna miss it here.. a lot.."

"I know, I know.. Its just that this house brought to many memories of Mom. I dont want to forget them, but I want to get away from them. You know how close me and Mom were..", Dad sighed and look into the house. The empty house.

"Yeah..", I said back.

We both looked at the moving truck. The driver guestured us to get on. I got into the truck. I looked at my house for one last time. And then, we drove off.