Chapter 3: The House & Her

I awoke to the raspy voice of my Dad. He was slightly tapping me telling me to wake up. My eyes were blurry and I didnt know what was happening. I rubbed my hands on my eyes, and finally they adjusted to the sunlight. I was still in the car. The door next to me was opened, thats where my Dad was standing. I slowly un-buckled my seat belt and stood up. I still felt drowsy and dizzy. I still didnt know where we were. All I saw in front of me was an array of houses, on a nice street. It was beautiful. I turned around and saw a glorious house right in front of my eyes. Vibrant plants and flower beds were along the edges of the house. It was massive.

"Thomas?", my Dad said.

"Yes?", I responded.

"Do you, uh, like it?", he questioned.

"The house?!" I made a poining motion to the house. Dad nodded. "Yes! Whos is it?" I excitedly asked, hoping it was ours.

"Ours. Welcome to your new home." He smiled after that. We both walked up to the front door. I opened it up, and to my suprise all the boxes and funiture was in. Apparently, my Dad woke me up when they finished putting everything in. My eyes gleamed. I couldnt believe what I was looking at. The most elegant living room I have ever laid eyes on.

I stepped into the house. Air condition, which made me love it a million times more. I toured the house. The dining room was a huge room. It only felt that big because there was hardly nothing in it. A massive chandilier dangled from the high ceiling. The living room had a grand piano, that the owners must have left to our possesion. The bathroom on the first floor looked luxuious, there was a huge bathtub that looked at least to fit five people. Also, there was double sinks. The kitchen was amazing. A marble island in the center. Granite covered the counter tops. Everything looked perfect. But that, was only the first floor.

My Dad showed me to the staircase. It spiraled up. I gently walked up the stairs, trying to find my room. When I found it, I slowly opened the door and out from it came a loud creak. It was empty but gigantic. And there was also a bathroom in there. I decided I would explore the rest of the house tomorrow. I headed back down the stairs to find my Dad sitting on the couch blankly staring at the wall.

"Dad?", I must have startled him, he jumped.

"Thomas! You scared me." He took a deep breath.

"Sorry..", we paused for a minute.

"So, do you like it?" He asked.

Like it had no words to decribe it.

"Like it?! I love it!" Dad seemed pleased by the answer.

"Thats good. I want to do the best for you, you know. Your mother would do the same. Im pretty sure she would be as pleased as you are." He tried to smile. It looked like he could break down there.

"I miss her. But now shes in a better place..", after I said that, I tried to change the subject.

"SO. Are there any kids here? Like that will go to Ridgefield?" I asked.

"Yes, I was talking to one this morning when you were sleeping. She has a daughted the same age as you." He winked after he said that.

"Shut uppp", I sarcasticlly said. I laughed and smiled. Dad got up after that and told me to follow him.

I followed him outside into the heat of Ohio. The house next to us looked at glorious as ours. I leaned against a tree and waited for my Dad to ring the doorbell. He told me to come over to door. I shook my head. A very pretty lady opened the door. She looked like she was in her thirtys. She looked at me and turned back to talk to my Dad. I could hear them talking from the tree.

"Hi! How are you? Is that your boy you were talking about earlier?", she smirked.

"Hello, Im very good, thank you for asking. And yes, his names Thomas. Where's your daugher? Im pretty sure Thomas would LOVE to meet her." He looked at me and smiled sinisterly.

The lady turned her head and yelled out her daughters name. It was Destiny. Since there front door was open, I could hear feat echoing on the stairs. She came to the front door and stood next to her Mom.

She looked astonishing. My heart probably skipped a beat when I saw her. I studied her features. Even though I was standing far back, I could still see her perfectly. Her eyes looked amazing. She was short and she was just beautiful. There wasn't any other way to describe her. I fell in love at first sight. But I probably wasnt thinking. This was the first time Ive ever seen this girl in my life. Destiny, her Mom and my Dad were all talking. After they stopped they all turned their heads my way and looked at me. That was the first time me and her made eye contact. My Dad guestured his hand for me to come over. I casualy walked over trying to keep cool. Destiny was right in front of me. Her mom introduced herself.

"Hi", she smiled, then, continued, "you must be Thomas! Your Dad has already told me so much. Im Lisa."

"Hi", I said back, still trying to keep calm. I didnt know what to do after that. Lisa noticed I was nervous, so she introduced me to Destiny.

"Thomas, I hear you and Destiny are the same age, ey? Well Thomas meet Destiny, and Destiny meet Thomas." Destiny talked after that.

"Hey", she said. She smiled. She had fucking dimples, I just died a little on the inside. I was to speechless to say anything back to I just stood there staring at her. Reality finally hit me.

"Hi! Uh, I-I'm sorry for making that awkward." I blushed when she laughed.

"Its fine", she responded. Dad joined in.

"Thomas, go explore the rest of the house with Destiny while me and Lisa talk about what the school is like, okay?" I nodded. My heart skipped a beat. Its only been 10 minutes and Im already in love with this girl who I just met. This was gonna be good.