3: The Cliffs

Guys, I need your help! I want you guys to pick the cast, because I probably will make bad choices. Just comment! :)

"Okay, jump on three. " May said.

"Okay." I responded, bouncing on my feet. After the surfing lesson, May took Summer and I to the cliffs.
I bounced on the balls of my feet. May started counting down.
"3...2...1...GO!" She screamed running toward the drop.
I was right behind her, jumping off the rocky cliff into the water.

I stayed under the water when I went in, just floating, basically. I kicked up and broke the surface and took a deep breath. May whooped and I looked at her.

"Well?" She said, "Did you have fun?"

I roll my eyes, "Nah."

Her eyes widened, "Are you pancake flipping serious?"

I laughed, "I-I was kidding." I snorted through my laughter, " D-Did you say pancake flipping serious?"

May glared at me, "Yes, theres no point in swearing."

I laughed and I splashed her.

She splashed me back and soon we were having a full blown water war. Until we heard someone whooping up on the cliff. Someone was jumping off.

May and I swam away from the drop zone as the person jumped off the cliff. They obviously didn't look over the edge or knew how high it was, judging by the girlish scream and the large splash. They broke the surface and looked around spotted us. It was a guy with blonde hair and light blue eyes. He obviously worked out, judging by the upper muscles that he had. 

He ran a hand through his hair, bobbing up and down in the water. "Hey May, see that amazing jump." He ignored me, staring at May. He was trying to impress her, I ship it. 

"I heard your girly scream, real manly." She snapped, she tugged on my arm and pulled us to shore before he could comment.

I chuckled, covering mouth. "Who was that?"

May looked at me and sighed, "Austin, he's the three P's, player, poophead, and a potato." She held up three fingers. Austin was behind her trying not to laugh, covering his mouth.

I laughed and pointed behind her. May froze, "He's behind me, isn't he." 

Austin and I spit out our laughter. 

"P-pota-to!?" Austin stuttering, May was blushing tomato red. She pushed him and walked over to me. 

I snorted as she passed me, grabbing my arm. She pulled me away from Austin and he saluted me and smiled, "I didn't get your name!" he called out.

"Skye!" I yelled back, May  looked at me and shook her head, muttering something about everyone being a potato. I laughed, "May I ask why you 'strongly dislike' him?" 

"Why did you put strongly dislike in quotations?" 

"I have only been here for two days and I already have a ship." I nudged her,

"M-me and Aust-tin?" She stared at me, 

I smile , "I saw the way he looked at you"

"Yeah, he looked at me as the girl he can torment all the time." May snorted as we climbed up the rocks to get to the cliff.

"If a boy teases you, he likes you." 

"Not him." She sighs, "Don't get my hopes up." She pulled herself up onto another rock and reached out to help me.

"So you do like him." I quirked an eyebrow as I tried to climb up the rocks, I need to stop eating so much Rice Krispy Treats. 

"No." She blushed looking away.

"Na ah, I saw that blush." I poked her.

She ignored me and jumped up onto the next set of rocks.

***

When we finally got up the rocks, with me huffing and puffing, Austin was leaning back in a chair, leaving me wondering how the frick he carried it up there and a smirking Ace staring at me with his arms crossed. Their backs facing the edge of the cliff. I should use that to my advantage.

"Took you guys long enough." Austin groaned standing up.

"You guys do know there is makeshift stairs down by the beach right?" Alec snorted,

I turned to May, "There was stairs?"

She shrugged, "We would've passed Austin on the way, I didn't want to smell that stench."

"Excuse me, I'm right here!" Austin complained,

"Oh we know." May snapped,

I put a hand over my mouth to stop my laughter. I looked over to Ace, he was wearing a t-shirt with lifeguard stamped across the torso.

"Wow, a lifeguard. Shouldn't you get back to your job?" I snorted,

He glared at me, "Well, I came up here to tell you that it's not safe to swim right below the cliffs, but seeing you almost got crushed by Austin over here, I don't think I need to tell you guys that." He put his hands on his hips. I looked at him, "Hmm well then."

I walked up to him and pushed him off the cliff.

My plan backfired when he grabbed onto me for balance and took me down with me. We fell with May and Austin yelling at us on the cliff. Ace wrapped his arms around my waist as we crashed into the water.

All I could feel was his arms. I kicked my legs trying to get to the surface and I felt Ace doing the same. His arm still around my waist. When we broke the surface he looked at me.

"What was that for?" 

"You were being a jerk." I tried to wiggle out of his grasp. He realized that he still had a tight grip on me and pushed me away from him and swam away like I burned him.

"Skye!" 

"What?!" I looked away from Ace's retreating form and looked up at the top of the cliff. May and Austin were staring at me. Well, Austin was looking around for Ace, who was on the shore by now.

"You okay?" May yelled ,

"I'm fine!" I yelled back,

"Good! Now will you move I'm jumping!" 

I swam back. 

I heard May whooping and a saw her jump off the cliff, rolling into a flip. 

I looked away to avoid getting water in my eyes and looked toward the shore to see Ace putting sunglasses on and smirking. He looked at me and his smirk slid down into a frown. 

Nothing changed.