t h r e e

Chapter 3

❁Ava POV

"OK. Jenn, what is happening?" I hissed.

Jen sighed, raising her hand to her forehead, "Alright, so the boy next to me, his name is Jack Johnson. We usually call him Johnson." she sighs, "Nice to see you've come to meet the other Jack. Jack Gilinsky."

I wasn't going to deny that Jack was really hot. He was, but this was a mess. One I probably shouldn't be in on my day of arrival. "So," I began, "Why did you scream?"

Jenn looked at me like I should know what's happening, just as she began to speak, Johnson did, "She's Gilinsky's ex.. But she just hates to admit that I'm better in bed-" Oof, I heard him force out as Jenn smacked him in the stomach. "I think she regrets hooking up..." He said in pain.

"OK.... OK... " I sighed. "So Jenn, you know them all?" I received a nod. "Alright. Boys. Get dressed and get out." I said, pointing to the door. Johnson groaned, and Jack looked... hurt. Why? "Jenn, I'm going to run down to the corner-store, down the street from here."

Jenn looked at me, worried, "Want me to come with?" she asked.

"No, no." I waved off, "I, uh. I got to think about how I just messed up my first day in Nebraska." I quickly ran back into my room, throwing on my clothes, avoiding all eye contact with Jack. I glanced up and saw he went to say something, so I put my hand up, hoping to stop him, while walking out.

I swiftly grabbed Jenn's keys off the table right in between our bedroom doors, slipping on some flip flops and walking straight out. The warm august heat hit me right as I walked out, but I kept my pace up searching for her car.

Once finding it, I jumped in. Blaring the radio, singing along to Earned It, by the Weeknd. A personal favorite. 5 minutes later, and I arrived at a Walgreens. As I walked in I quickly made my way to the aisle with frozen stuff. Going straight towards the ice cream, I spent a good 5 minutes deciding which one I wanted, settling on chocolate peanut butter cup.

I continued my way through the aisle in search of my favorite; raspberry Arizona ice tea. Going into another aisle I spotted some sour patch kids, quickly snatching those too. These were going to make for a great snack later.

Making my way up to the counter to pay for my stuff, I collided with a large guy with black hair, falling straight on my butt. "Oh my God..." he sighed, extending a hand out for me. "I am so sorry," he pleaded.

"Hey, it's cool," I giggled. "It could not have been any worse than my experiences this morning." I sighed and laughed at the same time. I quickly collected my three items off the floor, and stood back up.

"So, uh... What's your name?" he stuttered as I giggled a little more.

"The name is Ava," I said extending my hand. "and you?"

"I'm Nate, Nate Maloley." He said with a cute smile, while rubbing the back of his head.I smiled, "Well, It's so very nice to meet you. Is there anyway, maybe, I could... uh.. get your number?" he said continuing to stutter. It was cute.

"Of course, there's no way I could deny a cute boy," I said with a grin. I quickly took his phone and entered my number in, naming the contact: Ava, with a red heart emoji. "Ring me later," I said before walking to the cashier. Then continuing to walk out of the store.

I could feel the butterflies fluttering in my stomach... I couldn't wait to talk to that boy again...

------------------------------

sorry for the short filler chapter, it's about to get real interesting, I promise.

-Karley XX