Prologue

Alarms went off as my fingers danced across the holographic keyboards desperately trying to get the stupid machine to work. "Can you hurry it up?!" My companion growled out as she held her special sword tightly in her hand as she stood next to the locked door. The panel that was next to the door was smashed so no one could get in for a while buying us some time. "I'm trying, it was better protected than I thought."

"How did you expect it to be protected?! It's their one and only time machine that we're trying to use!" She snapped at me as the alarms on the walls flashed red every few seconds covering the gray metal textures in bright red. Piles of ashes and clothes on the floor were also lighted up when the red light flicked over it.

"I'm also destroying every single data file for the machine's blue prints and usage in this computer and every other computer that is linked to it no matter how far. When I'm done with it no one will be able to make another time machine since we already killed the vampires that worked on the project and there won't be any data left so no one will be able to follow us into the past."

"Don't take too long Kandi!"

"I know Rhoswen!" My companion, Rhoswen, turned her attention from me back to the only entrance and exit as approaching footsteps could be heard. "Activate the self-destruct sequence while you're at it and program it for seconds after we're gone."

"Alright." I opened up another file just as instructed on another holographic screen to activate the self-destruct sequence as soon as I was ready. I switched back to the other holographic screen and keyboard next to the one with the self-destruct file open and started loading viruses into every computer in the network. I swiftly switched to the one of the many holographic computers in the room and started programming our trip. "How far do you want to go back?"

"How much time will be needed to program it with a specific date?"

"Normal skills, maybe an hour. My skills, probably ten or fifteen minutes."

"Just program it to drop us somewhere in the beginning or middle of the war."

"Alright, give or take a thousand years into the past." I quickly typed in the data needed for the time travel to work. The chamber that was located in the middle of the room started to glow brightly as I hit enter and switched to the screen that was loading the viruses to see it was complete. "The time travel chamber is ready!" I called out to my friend and turned to look at her.

Standing at 5'7'' (170 cm) I was the taller one since I stood at 5'8'' (173 cm) though I surprisingly weighed less at 122 lbs (55 kg) while she weighed 124 lbs (56 kg). Rhoswen has long midnight black hair that reaches her waist which she keeps up in a ponytail during battles like currently, The tips of her hair is a lovely snowy white color and she has light purple eyes. My hair is a light pink color which is the same length as hers but I keep mine up in pigtails and I have red eyes.

"Activate the self-destruct sequence than get in the chamber!" Rhoswen put her sword in its sheath that was on her left hip under her black with white trimmings cloak before going towards the chamber as the glow increased in brightness. I nodded before turning around and pressed one of the keys on the holographic keyboard and in big red letters the countdown started. I dashed inside the chamber where Rhoswen was waiting and the metal door slid shut behind me.

"Jumping to a thousand years into the past in 3..." 

"I hope this works..." I whispered as the countdown started. I jumped slightly when I felt Rhoswen slip her gloved hand into mine and turned to meet her eyes. "It'll work Kandi, all our work will not be for nothing." She said firmly with a determined glint in her eyes.

"2..."

"You're right." I smiled before squeezing her hand. "We'll make it and change the past for the better." 

"1..."

"Damn right we will."

"Jumping to the past."

A blinding light filled my vision and the last thing I saw before falling into darkness was Rhoswen's determined face and felt her hand being ripped away from mine.