Chapter 2

"Help me kill the vampire noble Ferid Bathory."

My words stunned the squad into silence and I saw anger in Yuichiro's eyes at the noble's name.

"I understand that you have a personal grudge against him for wiping out your family when you tried to escape the vampire city so foolishly."

He flinched at my cold words and I saw Rhoswen glance at me from the corner of her eyes at my behavior that wasn't like me but didn't comment which I was thankful for.

"Therefore you will help me slay the noble though I fear that will be hard since he is still very much alive and well in our timeline."

I only saw the noble once before when I was only ten years of age and that night haunted me for the rest of my long life cursed by practically eternal life as a vampire.

"Killing Ferid will help the humans greatly in the war and might even guarantee your victory."

It will also prevent his death.

"We'll have to think about your offer and talk with one of our superiors." Shinoa spoke up carefully cutting through the tense atmosphere.

"Yes, I thought you might say that." Rhoswen spoke up as she crossed her arms. "Therefore I prepared necessary material to show your superior that will convince him about who we are. Your superior is still Guren Ichinose correct?"

Shinoa nodded.

"Good, take me to him right away."

"Just you?" Shinoa questioned as she glanced between us.

"You won't be able to bring Kandi with you so we already planned ahead."

"What will she be doing?" 

The humans looked uneasy.

"I'm a vampire so many will be wary of me just like you all, therefore it'll be pointless for me to try and help alongside the humans. It'll be better if it was just Rhoswen."

The archer looked apologetic knowing that I was right in saying that the army will not welcome me with open arms as they might do with Rhoswen.

"So why did you come to the 'past' knowing about this?" Yuichiro still didn't trust me, not surprising.

"Kandi may be a terrible vampire and too foolish for her own good..."

I pouted.

"...but she'll be more helpful by joining the vampire army as a spy."

The humans looked even more wary now.

"No need to look so concerned!" I gave them a huge smile and a thumbs up. "Just you wait and see, I'll prove my use to you in less than a month!" I clapped my hands together cheerfully as I boldly set a time limit on gathering critical information.

The humans looked even less convinced.

"Don't worry," Rhoswen sighed at what she says is my 'idiotic' behavior. "She may act the role of a fool but she's still a vampire, she has a whole other side to her."

I pouted at my dear friend's harsh words before playfully poking her while saying, "How cruel! If it wasn't for our physical features people would assume you're the vampire Rhoswen!"

She snorted in response before slapping my hand away.

"You two make an odd pair." Yoichi blushed when our attention was on him as he realized he said that out loud. "I-I mean it's unusual to see someone who despises vampires as much as Yuu here acting so friendly with one who's just as unusual."