Part 4

Saturday, October 31st 1925, 4.00pm.

25-year-old Otis Peabody is lounging in a field on top a haystack. He's chewing on a stick of hay, reading Jules Verne's novel, 'From Earth to the Moon'.

The DeLorean appears in the field and bounces across the uneven ground as it decelerates. Doc finds it difficult to control and ends ups crashing into the haystack. Otis is thrown to the ground with a yelp. He gets up, dusts himself down and looks over to see the futuristic machine covered in hay. The DeLorean's hazard lights are flashing. Otis shouts to himself.

OTIS

What the hell is that thing?

He walks around it cautiously trying to work out what it is. He mutters to himself.

OTIS

It's like an airplane... but without wings.

Doc and Marty open up the gull-wing doors and step out in their radiation suits. Otis runs off.

OTIS

Aaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!

Marty lifts up the hood on the radiation suit.

MARTY

Are we in 1925 Doc?

Doc lifts up his hood.

DOC

It looks like it Marty. This is the field where Lyon Estates will be built in thirty years' time. Your home... Well the home you lived at in 1985 will be built somewhere along near those trees. We're a couple of miles from the built up Hill Valley of 1925. We'd better drive as close as we dare to the town and then hide the DeLorean. We'll be arrested if we're seen in this.

Scott leans out of the DeLorean with Einstein.

SCOTT

Look, there's someone running away across the field.

Doc and Marty turn and see the young man running for his life.

DOC

We'd better get moving, before he comes back with others. We don't want to interact too much with the locals. We've also got to be careful not to run into our other selves.

MARTY

Scott and his friend Suzy?

DOC

I live here as well Marty. I'm eleven years old!

Marty gives Doc a strange look.

DOC

I was young once you know Marty I've not always been old with white wavy hair.

SCOTT

Wanna bet?

MARTY

Did you bump into Doc when you were here Scott?

SCOTT

Well... Once or twice.

MARTY

You'd better start explaining.

DOC

No time for that now Marty, that young man may return soon. Come on let's go.

Doc sees Otis's book on the ground and picks it up to look at it.