Chapter 5

Rian and I walk through the forest until we reached the lake that lynn occupies. I try not to disturb her because I don't want her telling Kyle, but I will have to talk to her about telling Kyle all of my actions and thoughts. I do think that the Ranulf stuff will have to wait, I have more pressing matters on my hands, Rian.

"Wait right here for a little." I say

"Ok" He says, but doesn't let go of my hand, so I ease my hand from his grip and from his perspective, I disappear. "Mari! Where are you?" Rian yells frantically.

"I'll be right back." I whisper from inside the tree. I needed to grab some propper clothing though all I have is what I were for war training. so I grab the shirt and pants in hopes that they will come close to fitting though they will likely not.

"I'm back." I say in a sing song, motherly way.

"Yay!" He yells "I thought you left. Where did you go?" He says concerned, well as mutch as a child can be.

"I went into the tree." I say with a mysterious smile on my face, this is a child after all, I want to impress him.

Rian's eyes lit up with stars and seemed to glitter, his mouth came open a little in amazement. I was glad to give him some happiness.

"Now lets see if these clothes fit." I say showing him the clothing I was holding behind my back for this whole time.

A great deal of time later I managed to get the clothes to fit him. I had to cut the sleeves of the shirt and take in the torso. and with the pants I needed to cut a considerable amount off, and then they fit.

"I like these." Says Rian. I smile at him because I took this as a compliment of my handy work.

"I'm glad." I say still with a smile on my face.

"Meri." I here from behind us, I swing around my hair hitting my face when I stop. I see lynn.

"What are you doing?" Lynn asks concerned.

I straighten myself with confidence, and tell her directly what I'm doing. "I'm taking care of a child." I say directly.

"Whose child?" She asks concerned.

"I don't know. His mother is missing." I say. I won't say his father is gone because I don't know for sure, but I assumed from the way he was dressed he was an orphan. Though now I look closely at his face and notice the shocking resemblance.

"Oh!" I exclaimed. How did this... What!

"You see it now." Lynn says her face paler than ever.

"I see."

"See what?" The boy asks curiously.

"What?" Rian asks, now nervously.

How do I tell him? How do I tell an orphan that I better then knew his father.