Chapter 4

Two hours later I return to the shop where my dress was being sown, and see that - of course - it is not finished, but that it is also a beautiful shade of forest green with a light green embroidery.

"So. I see it you are not yet finished with my dress." I speak rather coldly, attempting to enforce an air of offence.

"No, but I will be done with 30 minutes of time." She responds wholeheartedly.

"That will be one gold coin off." I say.

"I am aware of that." She sighs.

"I believe I shall wait here for those 30 minutes." I say haughtily, and pull out my the small book that I keep in my dress puckett at all times.

"And what would that be?" Madam Annette says.

"A book." I say curtly.

"I know that, but what book?" She says rather curiously.

"I shall tell you when my dress is finished." I say noting that she stopped working to talk.

"Deal. Along with the coins of course." She says, as if I forgot.

I respond by going back to my book. I do really like this book though, I received is at around 600 AD It's in latin and about the wars that went on and about betrayal and spying that went on in the royal families. The translation would be difficult for any human to understand, because of course this is about the royal families in the mystic world that the humans do not know of.

About twenty three minutes later the dress is done.

"There! Done!" The lady exclaimed with relief, "Try it on." She urges me. I do, it fits perfectly, though I am not surprised. She took my measurements after all.

"Perfect." I say calmly, mostly to myself, "Here." I say then run off with the dress on, giving Madam Annette twenty four gold coins, with only 5 left in my pouch. I head to market to find it very busy, and look around for Oreo, but he is nowhere to be found, along with his master. So I head on peacefully. Having gotten a dress, I feel as if less eyes are on me, but still quite a few remain, most likely those of men.  And surely enough a man walks up to me.

"Hello young lady. Are you sure a woman as beautiful as yourself should be walking around without an escort?" He says snidely. He looks to be 32 years of age and well dressed for someone that lives in this town, his hair is dark brown and he has a nice face.

"No. I am perfectly capable walking, thank you." I say curtly, walking away.

I can hear people murmuring, or maybe that's just paranoia. But it truly feels as if they are whispering things like 'Who is she?' 'She just dismissed the richest man in the town!' and, so on.

I walk around looking for Ranulf and Oreo, but they are nowhere to be found. So I head to the trees, and sit down, I look up into the branches and see a lemur. I stand up to get a better look, but the animal just keeps climbing higher and higher. So I meld with the large tree and flow along with her, running through the tree's veins. when she reaches the top I join her becoming my own being again. Then I realize the reason for the quick assent, the lemur has wings, I look down to see whether it is a she or he, a she. The lemur carves something into the branch, they look like chicken scratches to me, but I can make out a name from the mess 'Momo'.

I notice a small bird also flapping its tiny wings towards us. It's the bird I saw before, that did the flip! She flies over, lands on my head, jumps down onto Momo's head, pecks her, then flies away. Momo flies after her quickly, Momo wraps the bird up in her long tail, and comes flying back, lands and proceeds to groom the unhappy and struggling shadow bird. The Shadow pecks at Momo's tail attempting to relieve herself of the strong hold Momo has on her.