Chapter 14

Sapphire's POV

Your sugar

Yes, please

Won't you come and put it down on me

I'm right here, 'cause I need

Little love and little sympathy

Yeah you show me good loving

Make it alright

Need a little sweetness in my life

Your sugar

Yes, please

Won't you come and put it down on me

My alarm blasted Maroon 5 pulling me from my deep slumber. I slammed my hand onto my alarm on the beside table, rolling over and groaning. Monday, one of the worst and dreaded days of every week. Can I sleep another day? or two? or maybe a year.

I walked into the bathroom, splashing my face with cold water to wake me up. I'd taken a shower last night so I didn't have to this morning and It gives me an extra 30 minutes in bed. I slipped on my undergarments and walked over to my wardrobe to pick out an outfit. I scanned around and decided on a plain white tank top, some ripped jeans and I added a flannel around my waist.

I decided to leave my hair down, brushing it through so I wouldn't look like I'd been dragged through a hedge backwards or anything. I slipped on my necklace and quickly finished off by doing my makeup. I did a winged eyeliner, coating my eye lashes with mascara. I also filled in my eyebrows slightly and put some chap stick onto my lips so they weren't dry and headed downstairs.

"Good morning honey." My mom greeted me, taking a sip of her coffee. "Good morning." I yawned, checking the time to see how long I had before I should leave. The clock read 7.56am, so I still had around 20 minutes before I had to leave so I made myself some breakfast and sat on the island to catch up with my mom as I hadn't seen her for longer than 10 minutes for a few days.

"How was your weekend? Did you have fun at Maisie's?" She questioned, not taking her eyes off of me, like she knows I'm about to lie.

Yeah, for sure. I did an all nighter, got into a fight with Sam, slept in the same bed as Sam twice, I had a blast.

"Yep, It was fun. How was yours?" I return, eating another spoonful. She raised both of her eyebrows, glaring at me for a few seconds before saying anything. "Sapphire." I'm in trouble if she's using my full name. "I called Maisie's mom, I know you weren't there and you were at a party. You don't have to lie to me, your old and independent enough to do whatever you want to with your life, I just want you to be safe." She says with honesty in her eyes, which takes me by surprise. Did I hear that right?

I sighed. "Okay, I was at a party mom. I didn't want to tell you because I thought you'd be angry."

Her face softened. "Sapphire, as long as you tell me where you are, what you're doing, and that you're safe. You're old enough now to do what you want, within reason. I just want you to be happy and safe." She confesses with a weak smile pulling me into a hug. Wow, I generally made some progress with my mother. But seriously, did I just hear her correctly? Usually I wouldn't dare step out of the house without telling her where I was going down to every single detail.

Although she doesn't worry, I still do. I mean this is a big step for me. I moved to a public school, went to a party, spoke to boys, slept in the same bed as a boy I thought I despised, did an all nighter, and the list goes on. If that isn't progress within myself, I honestly don't know what is.