Chapter 24

Sapphire's Point Of View

I wasn't sure how to respond to what Sam had said. I felt numb, My face sure as hell did anyway. I really liked him. I can't believe what he's put my through. But I seem to feel compelled to give him another chance, I just feel like I need some more time to think about this and if it's the right choice I should be making. I feel as though everything is still too raw right now. I need some space and some time to feel like me again. Hanging out with Kyle and Maisie has made me feel happy again, happier than i've felt in a long while. I took a breath and tried to find the words to make sure this came out right.

"Sam." I sighed, earning a concerned look from him immediately. "Thank you for apologising. I appreciate it. Everything is too raw for me right now and I'm still trying to process what happened. I believe Chloe set you up, I really do. With what she has put me through, I don't doubt your words. I want you to understand me when I say this, I really like you Sam. I had the best time with you, but right now I need my space. I need to feel ok again and get myself back to a better place than what I was. Maybe we should start again. Friends. I just don't think I can be close to you again with Chloe still hanging round, ready to pounce on me again and ruin my life further." I sob, thinking about the hell i've been living.

"Friends." He replies. "I can do friends. It's better than not having you in my life at all. I want to make everything up to you and make things better. I appreciate you need your space and I'm more than happy to give you that. I can't believe you don't hate me after what i've done. I feel shit about everything. I hate myself in a way, if I hadn't reconnected with you, none of this would've happened."

"I'm glad you did." I warmly smiled. "Now let's do this 'friends' thing and see where that takes us."

Sam pulled me in for a hug and giggled, which eased how I was feeling about the entire situation. I didn't want to push him away completely but I wanted to be far enough away, Chloe won't see me as this threat she seems to right now and frankly I hope she just would fuck off. Sam hopped up to his feet, offering a hand to help me up from the pavement we were sat on. I took his hand and he bought me to my feet.

"Friends?" Sam extended his hand, I looked down and let out a small giggle, Also taking his hand back.

"Friends Wilkinson."

*******

"That's all he had to say! After what he's done! I hope you said FUCK OFF" Maisie seethed, as we drove home from the ice cream parlour. I've never seen my best friend so angry, although I can totally see where she's coming from. Maisie is much like a big sister and a best friend to me, she's always looking out for me and I'm so grateful to have her in my life.

"I mean, what else was he meant to say? He can't take back the bruise on my cheek can he?" I furrow my eyebrows.

Maisie sighed. "Of course not. But maybe I could make it equal." She holds up her fist.

Okay, she is getting extra crazy right now. I hate any form of violence. I've seen enough fights to last me a lifetime. I just want peace. A lot of it. I decided to stay at Maisie's as it was almost past 1.30am. I found it tough getting to sleep as my mind was constantly pondering on tonights events. I like Sam so much, but can I forgive him for what's happened? I toss and turn for hours at the constant thoughts racing around in my head. I'm awoken by my shoulders being aggressively shaken.

"Wake up lazy pants! It's noon!" Maisie chimes, holding a bacon sandwich and a cup of tea above my face. I rub my eyes as they adjust to the bright light. I retrieve the plate from her hands and place the mug down on her side table. My belly grumbles very loudly, earning Maisie's eyes to widen.

"Someone's hungry." She laughs.

I soon finish eating and decide to take a long bath to soothe my body and just relax for probably the longest time in a while. I'm in the bath for around 30 minutes before my water begins to get cooler and I think it's probably best to get out. I pull the plug from the bottom of the bath and the door flies open, causing me to attempt to shield my naked body with the bath bubbles.

"Fuck! Kyle!" I screech, viscously trying to leave the plug in so no more of my naked body is revealed.

'Oh my- Shit! Sorry Saph. I'm so sorry." He begins to apologise over and over, putting his hand over his eyes and backing out of the bathroom as quickly as he could.

"Kyle! Knock in future!" Maisie scolds her brother from outside of the bathroom door.

"In his defence, I forgot to lock it. But I hope you didn't see anything." I yell back, hoping for dear life he didn't.

"You're good. Not a thing apart from your head bobbing out of the bubbles." He laughs in return.

I step out of the bath, drying myself then wrapping my towel around my body. I grab my dirty clothes from the floor and head out of the bathroom to allow Kyle to continue his business.

"Girl, the lock is there to be used. You do not want my brother seeing your birthday suit anytime soon!"

I pull on some spare clothes I had left here previous, not the most attractive ones I can comment. As I slip some socks on, I hear a light knock on the bedroom door.

"Come in." I look up, seeing Kyle pop his head round the side of the door.

"Oh, thank god you aren't naked. Do you fancy going for a drive with me for a little while so we can talk?" Kyle asks hesitantly.

I'm taking one guess, from what I was told a few days ago, Maisie said he felt super bad about what happened at the beach so I'm guessing he's going to apologise. Although, I know he was just standing up for me, much like Maisie always does.

"HA HA." I roll my eyes. "You're lucky I'm not. But yes, I would love to." Maisie giving me a nod.

Kyle grabs his keys and we head out to his car.