Chapter One:

Chapter 1:

Katniss POV: 

As I jog through the forest I nervously look up at the sky, I don't have long until Peeta will have woken up. When he sees that I'm not there I'm sure he will try to come after me, putting both of us in danger. When we heard the news for the feast he threatened to come through the forest shouting my name, and crawling on all fours. Knowing Peeta I'm sure he would too. He had just enough strength to risk both of our lives, in hind sight I should have persuaded him to let me go but at the time I just went with my first instinct. Obviously this time I might pay for it.

When I arrive at the feast nothing has been set out, to pass time I think back to who is still alive. 

Both from one, although Glimmer is still sore from the tracker Jacker stings and will most likely not be doing to much fighting. Clove and Cato are both alive and a threat, probably the biggest threat we have right now. After a fight with between Cato and Marvel, district one and two had split into two groups leaving the career alliance done with . After them the girl from 5 is alive, Finch I think her name is, although for the first half of the games she was Foxface to me. One night while it was particularly stormy i had a small recollection of what i thought her name was. Then Rue and Thresh are both alive and allied, Rue and I broke off our alliance when Marvel almost killed her, neither of us wanted to see the other die. Then of course there is Peeta and I. That means Finch and I will be the only ones fighting alone meaning I need to get Peetas medicine and clear out before the real fighting begins.

Finch POV: 

Anytime now the table will come up with the backpacks for the feast. I crouch even lower into the shadows of the cornucopia, I have to get there first. I'm sure I can in right behind where the backpacks will rise from the ground. Just as I think these things, a table holding 5 packs lifts up.

Clove POV:  

I don't know what will be in those packs but my guess is that it will be important, if not life saving. I look at Cato and nod toward the cornucopia, the tables have just come up revealing five backpacks, but the only one I notice is a large backpack with the number two on it.

Marvel POV:  

Glimmer is staring intently at the spear in her hand. Katniss stole her bow and arrows while Glimmer was crying and writhing in pain as tracker jackers ruined her life. Glimmer had lived, but only because I had run in and pulled her out of the swarm. She had been unconscious for four days when she fluttered open her eyes, within hours I was giving her spearing lessons. I snap out of my daydream. I nod to Glimmer and we prepare ourselves to run.

Finch: 

I sprint out of the cornucopia, I grab my medium sized district five backpack and glance at Katniss' face. She has just jumped from the trees looking shocked that I beat her to the feast. I am just turning back around the cornucopia when I hear a voice making me slow to a jog. "Tributes, tributes climb up the ladder now." He sounds desperate, I try to remember the voice, just as I remember, a pack of mutts appear. I run to the ladder dangling from the hovercraft.

Peeta:  

When I wake up Katniss is gone. There is no sign of her but I know where she went. The feast. I pull myself into a kneel and begin pulling myself across the cold cave floor toward the exit. I pull myself out and go just what I said I would, I begin dragging myself through the forest screaming Katniss's name, maybe they will come for me over her. That's when I hear the announcement.

Cato POV: 

When that craft picks up the red headed girl everyone goes into pandemonium. Glimmer sprints to the craft Marvel yells for her to come back, and chases her. Clove just pulls out her knives with an afraid look in her eyes. At first the look on her face confuses me, but then I turn around and see the mutts running through the trees.