The News

"They.......they....", she couldn't quite get the words out as she was sobbing ,"died", i whispered as I collapsed. I awoke to the ceiling of the diner and a small warmth next to me. "Oh just a bad dream", I said to myself as i turned my head to look at Charlie. He was fast asleep with his little breaths moving the fabric of my shirt, i kissed the top of my head and got up to find Mrs.Dorothy. I finally found her in her office , she was speaking on the phone with a tear streaked face i could tell something was wrong.
         "Delilah! Are you ok," she questioned," yeah, why wouldn't I be?" All of a sudden the dream came rushing back to me, I choked out a sob as I realized- it was real. She wrapped her frail arms around my neck hugging me tightly,"how," i whispered," how did they die?" She looked at me and her eyes slowly shifted back down,"A fire, they were asleep when it happened," i quickly fiddled my hands- he did have a cigarette in his hands when you left, he must've passed out with mom asleep in the bedroom. My mind suddenly raced back to the little boy in the corner,"where will we go now that we have no home, we aren't going to an orphanage i cant take that risk," i thought. "You can live with me if you want", Mrs. Dorothy said as if she read my mind. I broke down into a pile of sobs as she came over to hug me again,"Thank you."

Sorry this chapter is short ive had a lot going on, but hopefully the next chapter will be longer.
                <3
                     Beanie Baby