1. A Normal Day

I love him. Right when i saw that small round face sheathed in a blanket I knew he was perfect. My mother never cared for me or Charlie, and my dad was always too drunk to pay us any attention, so I took care of my little brother. I fed him, bathed him, tucked him in at night, and even scared away the monsters. I loved him and he loved me.
My name is Delilah Woods and I am a 14 year old dropout. I dropped out of school to get a job so I could feed us and send him to school. I want him to do better than I have done. I want him to graduate and move far away so he will have a better chance of not losing that little glow he has- his love for life.
Today is Charlie's sixth birthday so I am taking him out to eat. We walk through town to where I work, a little restaurant called the Dandelion Diner. When we get there the owner, an elderly woman named Dorothy McBride, welcomes us as charlie breaks out of my hand running towards her, nearly knocking her down with a hug. "Hey Charlie, happy birthday", she tells him hugging him back, he clings to her khakis and buries his face into her pink t-shirt. "Hey Mrs.Dorothy", I walk up and give her a quick hug before picking up Charlie carrying him over to a barstool. " Delilah, go into the back and grab him a piece of chocolate cake, on the house", she whispers to me so Charlie doesn't hear as i put on my uniform. I walk into the back room just as she goes to answer the phone and  i grab a knife and cut a small slice of cake. I hear something drop. " DELILAH", i run to the front cake in hand and Mrs. Dorothy takes me outside. "What's wrong?Did Charlie do something?", I question ," No. Its your parents......." I felt my heart drop and nausea overtook me," what happened to them", I questioned my voice trembling, "They...they........"

HEY BROSEPHINES i am giving yall a cliffhanger hope you like it.     
                     <3 beanie baby