0.5

"Planning on hooking up with anyone tonight?"

"Maddie!" I squeal, slapping her gently on the shoulder. We stand together in the middle of the room, various articles of clothing spread around the room. Currently she has on ripped jean shorts and a flowing top adorned with small flowers. I have on ripped jean shorts as well, and a low-cut, loose blue tank. It was a fairly casual party, no need to get dressed up.

The L.A. heat meant that the house would be insanely hot tonight, so it was best to just do this rather than wear tight dresses like we had in freshman year. Now everyone was used to parties, and I didn't ever notice anyone at a party like this not wearing shorts and some form of simple shirt.

"What, it was a serious question! You're sixteen, you're allowed to have a little fun every oce in a while." She stares at me, her blonde hair hanging over her shoulders in loose curls.

"I know, and I do have fun! But I just, I don't know. I could never imagine actually loosing it to anyone at one of these, you know?" Her laughter fills the room once I'm finished talking, a light, twinkily noise.

"I didn't mean hook up hook up. I meant like, makeout. Maybe second or third base." My face burns red when I realize that I completely misunderstood her.

"Oh. Well then I'm not sure. Am I planning on it? No. Am I planning to have a good time though? Absolutely. So we'll just see where that leads us." I laugh, flipping a brown curl over my shoulder. She pulls out her phone, checking the time, before grabbing the eys to her car and making a motion towards the door with her head.

"Let's go."

*~*~*

You know all those stories that you read, where the girl pulls up to the high-school party, wearing a tight dress and heels, and there's a dance floor, with grinding bodies, and loud bass music, and people making out, basically having sex in the middle of the room?

Well that's bullshit.

Or at least it has been with every party that I've been to. I mean sure, there were a few couples that were a little too drunk to care, and these was pretty loud music, but there wasn't really a dance floor, or those outfits.

People milled around everywhere, the back door as well as the front were open, letting the evening air in. Teenagers streamed in and out of the kitchen, where the alcohol was kept. A faint smell of weed hung in the air, and Top 40s music was playing from a stereo somewhere. A few too-drunk girls danced together, but that was pretty much it.

There was maybe 200-250 people here, tops. It being my senior year, I recognized mostly everyone. These were a few faces here and there that I couldn't put a name to, but for the most part I could.

It was everyone you'd expect to be at a party like this. The sports jocks –girls from our school, as well as some guys I knew from the other schools- the cheerleaders, and assorted others. I noticed a familiar head of blonde hair ducking outside, and decided to remember to stay in the house for a bit.

I headed into the kitchen with Maddie in search of drinks. There were an array of them, and we got swept into the commotion of all the teenagers in one small area. By the time I got out of the kitchen, I had done three shots of vodka, was clutching a beer in one hand, and Maddie was nowhere to be seen. In my tipsy mind, I figured it was best to just go with it. I mean, I knew enough people here to make do.

It wasn't until I'd had four body shots done off of me, and had done three off various other people, that I considered slowing down.

It wasn't like the room was spinning around or anything. It was more like, I hadn't seen anyone I knew very well in twenty minutes, the alcohol was blurring my judgment, and I was getting some very judgmental looks.

I wandered around the house, one hand in the pockets of a sweater that I had been given at some point, and the other clutching a can of beer, looking for anyone I knew. Seeing no one, I headed outside, to where more teenagers were spilled out on the lawn and some into the pool, fully clothed. I noticed a few poor sophomores had stripped down to their bras and underwear, probably hoping for attention. I roll my eyes, feeling sorry for them. But then again, I was probably exactly like them two years ago.

I continued scanning the crowd, looking for anyone I knew. Seeing only a shock of dark brown hair I shrugged, figuring that he would be better than no one. I made my way through the crowd of loud teens, hating being so short, as it meant that I got shouldered quite a few times and couldn't see over the crowd.

Just as I made it to where I thought he should have been, my elbow was gripped harshly, pulling me out of the crowd. Whoever it was was pulling me backwards, and not being gentle either, so I wasn't able to see who it was until we had reached a slightly secluded area and they let go of my arm.

"Luke!" I squealed, turning around once I could stand properly again. He looked at me, face showing no emotion. "Why'd you pull me away, I was looking for someone."

He shrugged dismissively, looking away as if he were already done with the conversation. "You looked a little lost. And a lot drunk." He was trying to act natural, but by the way he stumbled over a word or two, I could tell that he wasn't completely sober either.

We stand in silence for a few minutes before he suddenly turns his attention back to me, his eyes boring into mine. "Who were you looking for?"

I think for a minute, trying to re-call his name. "Patrick? I think that's his name. He's on your soccer team." I laugh suddenly, realizing that he would probably know him. "I think this is his sweater. I was with him earlier."

"Was he the one doing body shots off of you?" I notice now that he seems odd. I didn't mean to say anything, but drunken minds don't have filters, ad so I blurted out what would definitely make things awkward.

"Why, are you jealous?"He stiffens at this before taking a step closer to me. "You have no idea." He says lowly, head tiling downwards to look at me.

I take the last swing of my beer, tossing the car to the side and leaning back against the brick wall. "Is that so?" I ask, biting my lip and fixing my gaze on him. He nods, taking another step forward.

"Well maybe if you weren't so demanding all the time." I giggle awkwardly, not entirely sure why I'm telling him this.

He's now close enough to reach out a hand and touch the wall, which he does, putting his weight on it. I'm suddenly hot, too hot, and reach down to my waist, taking the sweater off over my head.

I welcome the air on my shoulders. The temperature has dropped from earlier, a breeze blowing, feeling amazing on my bare shoulders. I drop the sweater on the ground beside me, looking up in time to see Luke eyeing all my now-exposed skin.

"I'm not being demanding now, am I?" He asks, bending his neck slightly so that he's only inches away from my face.

"No, I suppose not." I say after thinking; however I let out a tiny gasp at the end, seeing how close he now was.

"You suppose not?" He asks, his voice low. His hot breath fans my face, his lips mere inches away from mine.

I knew it was coming a half second before it happened, and maybe it was all the angry tension from before, or maybe it was my intoxicated brain, but I didn't move away as Luke bent his neck the final bit, attaching his lips to mine. And I didn't pull away when he did.

And I wouldn't be able to lie and say that I didn't like it.

*~*~*

another update finally! School's been draining, I've been kinda busy, but I love y'all so here. This hasn't been edited yet so I'll be doing that soon